POWERBALL JACKPOT $675 MILLION 01-09-16

BabyBoomer
This topic is 3047 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally never play the lotteries, but I went for it yesterday and I just got my tickets for Saturday. Being three times more likely to be struck by lighting than winning, I imagine myself winning and then being struck by lightning. :o

Well, as I posted in the other Powerball thread I took my two bucks and ran on Monday from a lotto ticket that I got as a Xmas gift instead of cashing it in for a Powerball ticket as advised by others. I still have those two George Washingtons in my wallet. I'll let you all know if I succumb to all the lotto fever! So far I'm standing my ground!

Forgot to ask, if it hit a billion, would you take the lump sum, or 30 year annuity? I read about all those winners who took the lump sum and are broke after just a few years. For that big of a prize, I'm thinking a 30 year annuity will still be a huge payday every year.

Forgot to ask, if it hit a billion, would you take the lump sum, or 30 year annuity? I read about all those winners who took the lump sum and are broke after just a few years. For that big of a prize, I'm thinking a 30 year annuity will still be a huge payday every year.

Anything a million or over I would create some kind of private entity to collect on my behalf. There is no way I want my name attached to that large of cash if I can help it.

Hugs,

Greg

Cash option. Too old to worry about 30 year annuity.

~ Boomer ~

Anything a million or over I would create some kind of private entity to collect on my behalf. There is no way I want my name attached to that large of cash if I can help it.

Hugs,

Greg

In most states, the winner's name is published by law. Nebraska is one of the exceptions.

In most states, the winner's name is published by law. Nebraska is one of the exceptions.

I know Michigan also allows winners to anonymously claim winnings on their in-state games. However, I've not heard of states that allow winnings to be anonymously claimed for multi-state games (e.g Powerball, MegaMillions). Good news. I'm sure Nebraska will be selling a lot of tickets.

Archived