Joseph Marcus in NYC - $400/HR?

Vato Loco
This topic is 2734 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, he doesn't do a very good job of covering his tracks in terms of concealing his identity. (Don't worry! I won't post it.) Let's just say the pics match up with a person who appears to have done the things he mentions in his ad. My hunch, therefore, is that he is for real.

For $400 you get, well...very nice eyes. Maybe, he feels his extensive resume creates added value. It would, if he were posting on a dating service. I still remember a comment made by the MC to the performers at a NY strip show, "Remember boys, no one ever stuck his hand into your pants looking for a library card."

• 2 weeks later...
He mentions in his ad that he received an NSF grant. Those can be quite substantial. Perhaps that's the yardstick by which he measures appropriate compensation for time spent on a project. :)

hi, all, so happy my inaugural post actually plays to strengths. i've been a fellowships advisor for college students for many, many years. like others here, i was taken by joseph's looks, but a little skeptical about his story. he was pretty free with "information" when i contacted him and did the appropriate oohing and aahing.

eventually, i asked about this NSF grant. it's an amazingly prestigious fellowship, but what many don't know is that the fellowships he described actually go to college graduates with limited hours of graduate study. they can be used overseas, but only if a graduate degree program requires it or allows it. so, i asked him if he'd won the award for his own graduate study, or if he'd been hired as a more senior scholar's research assistant (allowed in that category of awards). he said, "it's complicated, but it's a little of both."

in a nutshell, the answer is bullshit. either joseph won the award for his own graduate study toward a ph.d., or he didn't. he back-pedalled a little, but he's a scammer.

the dead give-away, in my experience, is the insane amount of name-dropping. (in his first reply to me, he said he'd have to be brief because he was heading out of town to give a lecture at an unnamed university in the mid-atlantic. oh? wow.)

just my bias, i know, but my god, i have no patience for this kind of posturing. he obviously thinks it works, and in all likelihood, it does sometimes.

• 10 months later...
For $400 you get, well...very nice eyes. Maybe, he feels his extensive resume creates added value. It would, if he were posting on a dating service. I still remember a comment made by the MC to the performers at a NY strip show, "Remember boys, no one ever stuck his hand into your pants looking for a library card."
That's a classic Joan Rivers quote and he stole it from her. That bastid!!!!

Archived