What's Your New Years Resolution For 2016 Gonna Be??

JDXXX
This topic is 3002 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was talking to my next-door neighbor, giving him the new keys to my house, and somewhat jokingly asked if he was finally going to quit smoking this year. He said he'd try, and had a New Year's resolution suggestion for me. He said "You should have your next domestic partner be a companion, rather than a sexual partner." He's around my age. He said "I'll tell you what my father told me. Marry a woman who will take good care of your children and be helpful in the household. For sexual gratification, hire prostitutes." (He's been married for almost 30 years). I guess that sounds like good advice, but I'm wondering how exactly one goes about that. Do I just go around looking for men my own age, then let them know I'm just after a companion, but want to get my jollies elsewhere? Are there men out there who are really just looking around for platonic companionships? It seems like that's just a good friend you live with. I guess that works out?

I'm more curious about something you said.... Why are you giving him the new keys to your house?? . ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more curious about something you said.... Why are you giving him the new keys to your house?? . ;)

Because he's my neighbor. Don't most people give their neighbors keys to their houses? We help each other out when the other is away.

Try Nutrisystem. I just lost 20 pounds on it in 2 months. Must be combined with an exercise program. I wish you luck in your endeavor!!!

im probably going to go the route of getting a personal trainer at the gym near my house. have him tell me to do push ups or situps and try to lick his abs or lick his face or something.. you know.. motivation :p lol or just pull the treadmill out and start running on it and watching what I eat :(

Anyone want some Delta SkyMiles? Apparently they're worth about half a Mexican peso per 100,000 miles.

Well, it would appear I dodged a bullet not signing up there! They are linked to Virgin Australia anyway, so no point signing up for both sides of the alliance.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Nutrisystem. I just lost 20 pounds on it in 2 months. Must be combined with an exercise program. I wish you luck in your endeavor!!!

Since its well into 2016, I have to say I did loose 13 lbs :D It took a horrendous stomach flu thingie.. but I lost weight. I am actively striving to not regain the weight and loose a bit more :D Yay for sickness and its unintended but welcome outcome :p lol

• 4 weeks later...

PS: If there's anyone who know how to keep United current without flying, I'll be very happy to know. If there's a simple way to keep the miles current with one of the other Star Alliance members *, I'll be very happy to know as well.

* Star Alliance airline members : Adria, Aegan, Air Canada, Air China, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlinea, Austrian, Avianca, Brussels Airlines, Copa Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Egypt Air, Ethiopian, Eva Air, Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Swiss, TAP Portugal, Thai and Turkish Airlines.

It's VERY easy to keep your United MileagePlus account active without flying. Like other airlines, United has a shopping site where you can earn miles through online shopping if you access specific sites through the United shopping site.

https://shopping.mileageplus.com/

You can also sign up for their United dining site, where you register your credit and debit cards and earn miles for dining at particular restaurants. You can even look up what restaurants participate in the program in every US city.

https://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/

And as far as completely free ways of earning miles, that involves taking surveys. The easiest but slowest way to earn miles is with the e-miles site. They're usually quick and take about a minute to earn about 5 miles, but it is slow-paced and it could take months before you're able to redeem miles.

http://www.e-miles.com/home.do

There is also a more direct way of earning miles through surveys, and that's OpinionMilesClub. You earn between 50-70 miles, and maybe more, depending on the length of the survey and if there are any bonuses for taking that particular survey. It's time-consuming, but as soon as you qualify and complete the survey, the miles are immediately deposited to your MileagePlus account. I averaged at least 5k miles a month for awhile. The downfall is these surveys can be long, tedious and a bit too time-consuming. Also you don't get any miles if you don't fully qualify for a survey, even if the qualifying procedure takes minutes. It's a pain and should really be done if you are in dire need of miles or you have time to waste. I needed the miles so I learned to put up with it.

https://www.opinionmilesclub.com/

Another survey-based way of earning is E-Rewards. You can exchange your survey money for things such as gift cards and miles for various airlines. The amount you get per survey varies by the length of that survey. If you qualify for more surveys you have a better chance of earning them faster. You even get a small amount even if you don't qualify. The downfall is they cap airline miles redemption at once every 30 days, so the most you can earn a year is 24,000 miles.

www.e-rewards.com/

But I believe if you just don't want your account to be closed, just log into your MileagePlus account. The last time I read the whole account rules is that's all you have to do in order to maintain that account active. You don't even have to earn anything within 18 months. But it's been awhile since I read that so things might have changed. Hope this helps!

It's VERY easy to keep your United MileagePlus account active without flying. Like other airlines, United has a shopping site where you can earn miles through online shopping if you access specific sites through the United shopping site.

https://shopping.mileageplus.com/

You can also sign up for their United dining site, where you register your credit and debit cards and earn miles for dining at particular restaurants. You can even look up what restaurants participate in the program in every US city.

https://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/

And as far as completely free ways of earning miles, that involves taking surveys. The easiest but slowest way to earn miles is with the e-miles site. They're usually quick and take about a minute to earn about 5 miles, but it is slow-paced and it could take months before you're able to redeem miles.

http://www.e-miles.com/home.do

There is also a more direct way of earning miles through surveys, and that's OpinionMilesClub. You earn between 50-70 miles, and maybe more, depending on the length of the survey and if there are any bonuses for taking that particular survey. It's time-consuming, but as soon as you qualify and complete the survey, the miles are immediately deposited to your MileagePlus account. I averaged at least 5k miles a month for awhile. The downfall is these surveys can be long, tedious and a bit too time-consuming. Also you don't get any miles if you don't fully qualify for a survey, even if the qualifying procedure takes minutes. It's a pain and should really be done if you are in dire need of miles or you have time to waste. I needed the miles so I learned to put up with it.

https://www.opinionmilesclub.com/

Another survey-based way of earning is E-Rewards. You can exchange your survey money for things such as gift cards and miles for various airlines. The amount you get per survey varies by the length of that survey. If you qualify for more surveys you have a better chance of earning them faster. You even get a small amount even if you don't qualify. The downfall is they cap airline miles redemption at once every 30 days, so the most you can earn a year is 24,000 miles.

www.e-rewards.com/

But I believe if you just don't want your account to be closed, just log into your MileagePlus account. The last time I read the whole account rules is that's all you have to do in order to maintain that account active. You don't even have to earn anything within 18 months. But it's been awhile since I read that so things might have changed. Hope this helps!

Thank you for all these links. There's a lot of really useful information here. I've had the Mileage Plus card for a while and I'm not maximizing it. Much appreciated.

Archived