Do You Like Eggnog?

geminibear
This topic is 3076 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yuuuummmy...Broguiere's. Best egg nog on the planet...period. No recipe necessary. http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.png

http://cakewalkr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Spiked-Egg-Nog-by-Cakewalker.jpg

I drink it like my Scotch...straight from the bottle. :D

I've only bought egg nog but can't anymore cause its made with high fructose corn syrup.

Hugs,

Greg

Smart to stay away from anything with high fructose corn syrup. There is a very detailed study on corn syrup.... I didn't understand a lot of it.... got into the chemistry of it and how it effects your body.... but if you read the study, you will never have HFCS ever again.

I think... not sure... Trader Joes, Whole Foods, markets like that will have eggnog made with sugar.

Although don't get me started with sugar... hahaha

Egg nog, vanilla, cinnamon, I like to add a shot of whiskey as well, Crown Royal!!!! Sometimes, if I'm in a good mood I'll warm it up just a bit!

It's also great in coffee in lieu of half and half, or as a latte. And I'd add nutmeg to (or instead of) the vanilla/cinnamon. All good.

In terms of adding a bit of "spike" I like rum over whiskey. I've also tried it with a bit of Grand Marnier or Curacao - very yummy.

It's also great in coffee in lieu of half and half, or as a latte. And I'd add nutmeg to (or instead of) the vanilla/cinnamon. All good.

In terms of adding a bit of "spike" I like rum over whiskey. I've also tried it with a bit of Grand Marnier or Curacao - very yummy.

I'm not a fan of it mixed with coffee/espresso so much. I will tolerate it but won't go running for it.

Hugs,

Greg

I don't care much for eggnog either, but I do sip some rompope during the holidays. Rompope is a Latin American drink ( a version of eggnog) made with milk, sugar, vanilla, orange peel, egg yolks, condensed milk, cream and aguardiente or rum. If anyone wants the full recipe check it out @ laylita.com

I love good eggnog (shocking :rolleyes:), but I am often surprised by how many people don't like eggnog.:confused:

Do you like eggnog?

What is your favorite eggnog recipes?

Love it, but I really moderate my intake. I usually make fruitcake - didn't this year, too busy. I like nothing better than a slice of my fruitcake with a few swallows of egg nog.

I don't care much for eggnog either, but I do sip some rompope during the holidays. Rompope is a Latin American drink ( a version of eggnog) made with milk, sugar, vanilla, orange peel, egg yolks, condensed milk, cream and aguardiente or rum. If anyone wants the full recipe check it out @ laylita.com

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/z/D/w/e/a.baa-Say-yuck.jpg

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/size680/Pope_Francis_drinking_mate_while_in_Paraguay_July_2015_Photo_courtesy_of_Mariana_Moreno_CNA.jpg

:rolleyes: (Actually mate in the pic of course.)

( pinching my nose). Boy, little Mary in the background looks like she just got the raw end of the deal!

Cold, with rum and nutmeg. Does anyone else call this "having Tom and Jerry"? That's what it was called in my London Cockney grandmother's holiday household. I always wondered if the eggnog was Tom and the rum was Jerry.

Such a small world, Glennnn. My dad loved his T&J in a white coffee mug. He swore he learned how to make it after spending time in the Midwest and that the recipe went back to the 1800s by some guy who was known a Jerry Thomas. Shrug!

Archived