TCM Remembers 2015

MrMiniver
This topic is 3075 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks for posting I usually don't see this untill the last week of the year on TCM. Yes this year it seems like they used a diff theme music but I liked it and liked the editing not sure what fault there is to find, the non actor clips are always of their most prominant films they've directed edited scored etc but I guess some might find the images of the still very much alive ppl mixed in as a result, out of place. I didn't since it's how TCM always does it, just as they devote a tad more time to those of more prominance and never seem to go in any particular order.

Thanks for posting I usually don't see this untill the last week of the year on TCM. Yes this year it seems like they used a diff theme music but I liked it and liked the editing not sure what fault there is to find, the non actor clips are always of their most prominant films they've directed edited scored etc but I guess some might find the images of the still very much alive ppl mixed in as a result, out of place. I didn't since it's how TCM always does it, just as they devote a tad more time to those of more prominance and never seem to go in any particular order.

They use a different song each year. I liked this one. I only wish they had lingered over the people a little more. This year's is 1.4 minutes shorter than last year. TCM always does the best on this sort of thing and rarely, if ever, leaves anyone out. Although I will admit that I don't understand the standards that includes Amanda Peterson this year but left out Paul Walker the year he died. I don't think they ever explicitly say so but they try to end on the person they consider the most significant classic film star to die during the year. This year they chose Maureen O'Hara and I don't see how anyone can argue that one.

They use a different song each year. I liked this one. I only wish they had lingered over the people a little more. This year's is 1.4 minutes shorter than last year. TCM always does the best on this sort of thing and rarely, if ever, leaves anyone out. Although I will admit that I don't understand the standards that includes Amanda Peterson this year but left out Paul Walker the year he died. I don't think they ever explicitly say so but they try to end on the person they consider the most significant classic film star to die during the year. This year they chose Maureen O'Hara and I don't see how anyone can argue that one.

I'm pretty sure they used the same music for more than one year I seemed to remember few years in a row (not sure if it was Lawrnc o Arabia theme but some dramatic (no words) theme sountrack no?? It's in my head lol.

I'm pretty sure they used the same music for more than one year I seemed to remember few years in a row (not sure if it was Lawrnc o Arabia theme but some dramatic (no words) theme sountrack no?? It's in my head lol.

Maybe in the beginning but for at least the last decade they have used a different song each year. All of the past 10 are up on youtube if you want to watch them. It can get quite sad!

Maybe in the beginning but for at least the last decade they have used a different song each year. All of the past 10 are up on youtube if you want to watch them. It can get quite sad!

I do think thou when they do a TCM remembers (individuals throughout the year when they pass ) it is always the same music which may be what I'm thinking of.

I do think thou when they do a TCM remembers (individuals throughout the year when they pass ) it is always the same music which may be what I'm thinking of.

Absolutely. Those little "mini-ones" then do when someone dies is usually the exact same format, length, and music.

Archived