Best Way To Reheat Pizza!!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 3114 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For some additional info-heat the pan up on medium for a few minutes before putting the pizza in. As I usually freeze my leftover pizza, I defrost it in the microwave 1st before heating on the stove. It's the best old pizza I've ever eaten. Six minutes in the pan seems to work for me.

Any of y'all that haven't tried this before should report back on your results.

Gman

funny, was just thinking of asking the board about this tonight:

there seems to be a rash of new chains and indies lately who promise pizza in 90 seconds or similar....make your own pizza set-ups, etc. ....somebody told me it has to do with infrared technology...or something....

anybody have opinions and knowledge on this?.....thanks

funny, was just thinking of asking the board about this tonight:

there seems to be a rash of new chains and indies lately who promise pizza in 90 seconds or similar....make your own pizza set-ups, etc. ....somebody told me it has to do with infrared technology...or something....

anybody have opinions and knowledge on this?.....thanks

Here's a chain-Blaze that promises less than 180 seconds.

Gman

As a native Italian, raised at delicious pastas and pizzas, I cringe when I see all those toppings (pepperoni...pineapple...:eek:) but at least they do cook the pizza directly on the stone and not in the pan at Blaze, the way it should be!

I have at home a pizza stone and peel, and I make my own pizzas (if I am lazy I buy the dough at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, or even better at some Italian bakeries where they sell it) and it's ready in 6 minutes at 550 degrees.

A must for a pizza lover as I am.

As a native Italian, raised at delicious pastas and pizzas, I cringe when I see all those toppings (pepperoni...pineapple...:eek:) but at least they do cook the pizza directly on the stone and not in the pan at Blaze, the way it should be!

If you are talking about preferring a pizza made simply of dough, sauce, and a bit of cheese, we will have to agree to disagree. I'd say American ingenuity has improved the pizza. Sometimes the original can be made better. Now it's actually worthy to be a full meal instead of just a snack. Thank you Ike Sewell, Lou Malnati, and other American pizza pioneers.

Gman

There's a Blaze Pizza a few miles from me. I better give it a try!

Their prices sound reasonable. But you know, I wanted pizza the other night. I almost ordered delivery. I decided it would be cheaper and just about as good if I bought a Digiorno Thin Crust Supreme. I had some cherry tomatoes. So I sliced some to put on the pizza before I baked it, sprinkled some oregano, garlic, and paprika on the pizza. Then I baked it on the oven rack without a pan. It was delicious and much cheaper than delivery.

While thin crust is my favorite, I wouldn't say what I like is a New York style thin crust. Most of the time when I get what's called a New York Style, the toppings look like they are just thrown on top of the pizza. Where if after cooking you turned the slice upside down, the toppings would fall off. I prefer my toppings to be more embedded in the cheese matrix of the pizza, so they aren't just sitting on the top of the slice.

I like deep dish-but with one caveat. The crust on a lot of deep dish pizza is often just a mass of tasteless dough. My favorite deep dish so far has been from Uno's Pizzeria because their deep dish crust has a buttery taste.

Gman

If you are talking about preferring a pizza made simply of dough, sauce, and a bit of cheese, we will have to agree to disagree. I'd say American ingenuity has improved the pizza. Sometimes the original can be made better. Now it's actually worthy to be a full meal instead of just a snack. Thank you Ike Sewell, Lou Malnati, and other American pizza pioneers.

Gman

Well if you go to Italy of course there is not only ONE pizza ("Margherita", with just a little sauce, mozzarella and basil), but sometimes what they top pizzas with here is really over the top!

I was in Chicago and tried Malnati and Pizzeria UNO (the famous deep dish ones), but I have a problem with pizzas with too much sauce, and generally this is the case. And that crust it's too heavy.

NY has GREAT places for pizza NY style (slices), but if I have to choose for a meal I will always go to an authentic Italian place with individual ones cooked the way they should be, in the brick stone oven. Americans made of pizza a fantastic popular snack, but still to me real pizza is another story.

I like deep dish-but with one caveat. The crust on a lot of deep dish pizza is often just a mass of tasteless dough. My favorite deep dish so far has been from Uno's Pizzeria because their deep dish crust has a buttery taste.
Have you ever had pizza crust in Italy itself? It is a-ma-zing. The taste, I just can't get enough of it. And it's only in Italy that I've ever tasted dough like that. Not even in the proper Italian restaurants outside of Italy have I tasted pizza crust like that. I enquired about it with one of my Italian friends and they told me that pizza makers use "Pasta di madre" in the dough, which is what gives it that very particular (and super yummy) taste. I haven't been able to find a proper translation for it (it means "Mom's food" or "Mom's pasta") nor have I found it outside of Italy. But in Italy you can just buy "Pasta di madre" in the supermarket. It looks like flour.

Well if you go to Italy of course there is not only ONE pizza ("Margherita", with just a little sauce, mozzarella and basil), but sometimes what they top pizzas with here is really over the top!
Yeah, they even put fries on pizza! :D I haven't done that myself. I sometimes like to order "Pizza rosso", which means pizza without cheese (just tomato sauce) and have Rucola lettuce, cherry tomatoes and onion on it. It's super delicious! Gosh, now I want to go back to Italy!

Have you ever had pizza crust in Italy itself? It is a-ma-zing. The taste, I just can't get enough of it. And it's only in Italy that I've ever tasted dough like that. Not even in the proper Italian restaurants outside of Italy have I tasted pizza crust like that. I enquired about it with one of my Italian friends and they told me that pizza makers use "Pasta di madre" in the dough, which is what gives it that very particular (and super yummy) taste. I haven't been able to find a proper translation for it (it means "Mom's food" or "Mom's pasta") nor have I found it outside of Italy. But in Italy you can just buy "Pasta di madre" in the supermarket. It looks like flour.

Definitely there is no pizza dough like in Italy. I have found also very good Italian style pizzas in some authentic Italian new places in NYC.

You are almost there with terminology, but it is actually "Lievito madre" which has nothing to do with pasta or mom (even if "madre" means "mother"). It's yeast fermented also by lactobacillus which gives that specific taste and consistency, and it is definitely easier to digest.

When I grew up in Milan the absolute best pizzas and doughs were only in Naples, but now you can have amazing pizzas almost anywhere in Italy.

Archived