Let Them Eat BEEFCake (to get our minds off RB for a while :-)

Tonyko
This topic is 3200 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

TIMELESSLY hot guys: I'LL START. Guy Madison. One of gay super agent Henry Wilson's boys, (KNOWN in 40's-50's Hollywood heydey for recruiting handsome wannabees saying he could take any hunky enough guy who could walk and talk and make him a Movie Star. (NOT an ACTOR, but a Movie Star, he knew there was a diff :) He'd get them some lessons, make them over, new teeth, better clothes, and assign a new identity with a one sylb first name that the ladies could remember. GUY Madison, ROCK Hudson, TAB, Hunter, etal, all his.

(it was HE btw who arranged the sham marriage for Rock to ward off the queer rumors, the clue-less wife he found was his OWN secretary o_O There WERE of course, favors expected from his boys, whether gay OR str8, like Guy. Most all obliged :rolleyes:

GUY was a real life sailor/Merchant Marine discovery of his. I've been a film buff since HS and remember the first time I saw him which was also his FIRST film, a great early 40's classic Selznick film about life on the Homefront during the war Since You Went Away. Back then agents packaged much like agencies do today.

I believe Wilson repp'd costar Jennifer Jones (who Selznick would later leave his wife for) or her co-star and REAL LIFE husband Robert Walker, whom she would leave for Selznick. Either way, the package deal was you want them, you take this " new boy" for a tiny part as well. He actually played a sailor just a few minutes of screen time, and VERY raw, acting wise, BUT IT worked because he seemed so real, like a sailor you handed the pages to and said "say this". But those few minutes were enough to launch a career, he OBVS stuck in women's heads as he did in mine cause he was SO beautiful!

http://s8.postimg.org/4659ao1xx/Guy_Madison_1.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/gkaus3vpr/Guy_Madison2pg.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/e5rz6tjlj/GUY_MAD_3.jpg

PS there IS a famous nude of him, standing in the ocean, but not allowed here :)

3ea03702a8f726961c71aebe3ac26992.jpgguy_madison.902021.jpg

"Henry Willson was famous for discovering good looking young men and turning them into "stars". He became known as "the fairy godfather of Hollywood". It is said that he slept with all his male discoveries. He certainly kept a jealous eye on his "boys" checking up late at night to see if there were any strange cars in their driveways. According to the book: "The Man Who Invented Rock Hudson - the Pretty Boys and Dirty Deals of Henry Willson" by Robert Hoffler; he once went to check on Guy. There was a rainstorm. He found Guy in the back of his car having sex with Rory Calhoun and stood outside watching them.

Guy Madison died of emphysema in Palm Springs."

3ea03702a8f726961c71aebe3ac26992.jpgguy_madison.902021.jpg

"Henry Willson was famous for discovering good looking young men and turning them into "stars". He became known as "the fairy godfather of Hollywood". It is said that he slept with all his male discoveries. He certainly kept a jealous eye on his "boys" checking up late at night to see if there were any strange cars in their driveways. According to the book: "The Man Who Invented Rock Hudson - the Pretty Boys and Dirty Deals of Henry Willson" by Robert Hoffler; he once went to check on Guy. There was a rainstorm. He found Guy in the back of his car having sex with Rory Calhoun and stood outside watching them.

Guy Madison died of emphysema in Palm Springs."

Thanks for this post Tonyko and PK! I'm going to download the Henry Wilson biography and move it to the top of my reading list

Like "Full Service" take some thangs in this book with a grain of salt lol. Guy was a raging hetero married a few times lots of kids etc, Rory WAS gay as were many others, and I'ma sure Guy like MANY str8 ones did what they hada do w Henry or perhaps a studio heavyweight he'd encourage them to make nice to to advance the career, but far as extra-caric gay activity out of DESIRE lol, not sure I buy that o_O

I do lol. From the old guard gay Bev Hills restaurant I worked at when I was 19-20, I'd heard most of these stories long before the Wilson or Full Service books, from retired studio guys old time actors the brother of an MGM B-movie queen who had a huge crush on me lol and was always bringing in old movie stars to impress me, etc etc etc. (like Ann Shirley, Stanwyck's daughter in Stella Dallas) and I loved it lol! They told me LOTS of stories that I've since read in books that came out after the subjects were dead. (like Judy's boy-next-door Tom Drake and Merv Griffin and Monty Clift etc which I later read in the Merv outing bio). EVEN one about Clark Gable which I've also since read about as to WHY he had Cukor fired from GWTWind etc. I take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt :rolleyes: But I've usually found LESS truth in the "Oh he way GAY" tales while the "Oh he was straight.." tales tend to be true since they're coming from guys who WISHED they weren't str8. o_O

A male actor friend of mine who was tried to crack Hollywood in the '40s and '50s told me he had sex with Guy Madison.

Hmmm

A male actor friend of mine who was tried to crack Hollywood in the '40s and '50s told me he had sex with Guy Madison.

Hmmmmm I am liking this idea of having sex with both men and women. Mr. Madison may have been onto something and then had something onto him.

Archived