The "Others"

gp0560
This topic is 3192 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Maybe your question is rhetorical, maybe not. I'm not sure... but for me, it often depends more on how people express their views than the specific view itself. We see it all the time on this forum. Some are quick to post broad statements that condemn without any justification or their justifications are transparently biased. Or they can’t let go of a specific gripe and it keeps popping up in threads where it is not relevant. Other forum members have a more respectful tone and backup their opinions by siting specific, neutral sources. They also know how to moderate themselves -- they know when to speak up and when to let it go.

Maybe your question is rhetorical, maybe not. I'm not sure... but for me, it often depends more on how people express their views than the specific view itself. We see it all the time on this forum. Some are quick to post broad statements that condemn without any justification or their justifications are transparently biased. Or they can’t let go of a specific gripe and it keeps popping up in threads where it is not relevant. Other forum members have a more respectful tone and backup their opinions by siting specific, neutral sources. They also know how to moderate themselves -- they know when to speak up and when to let it go.

Some have seen Frozen and some have not.

Archived