Tony Awards

imagooddog
This topic is 3270 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched most of the Tony awards tonight and was not very impressed with the show at all. The 2 who

were the hosts were boring and I could not stand her voice, it was very grating to listen to. Would hate to

be married to that and have to listen to her whine all the time.

I was watching Game of Thrones and did not realize the Tony's were on. Funny thing is, last night i was doing a You Tube search for Defying Gravity to place in another thread and wound up watching about 20 clips from previous Tony shows, openings and numbers done. Hugh Jackman and Neil Patrick Harris both did a great job on the clips I reviewed. Sorry tonight's show is not worth going back to see.

I could not stand her voice, it was very grating to listen to. Would hate to

be married to that and have to listen to her whine all the time.

Kristin Chenoweth....Oklahoma native....had to go find some videos of her speaking just now and, yes, "grating" is a descriptive term for her.....Oklahoma accents can be sexy, but not when combined with a nasal voice

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/21/kristin-chenoweth-gay-fan_n_6199122.html

Chenoweth was good in the sequence from her Broadway play. I am not very sophisticated and missed a lot of what seemed like in-jokes by the hosts. They seemed to make lots of gay innuendos which they felt the crowd would like. There were some very cute young actors nominated including at least one which won. I thought there were some excellent song and dance sequences. I had not been keeping up with B'way and had not heard of some of the plays.

Chenoweth was good in the sequence from her Broadway play. I am not very sophisticated and missed a lot of what seemed like in-jokes by the hosts. They seemed to make lots of gay innuendos which they felt the crowd would like. There were some very cute young actors nominated including at least one which won. I thought there were some excellent song and dance sequences. I had not been keeping up with B'way and had not heard of some of the plays.

I always enjoy the Tony Awards. Heaven knows, they are so much better than the Oscars! Chenoweth is grating but also charming and funny. Yes, there were some in jokes but that always happens; the ones last night were pretty funny. I loved the explanation that if speeches went on too long, the recipient would be tap danced off. That silly woman who won Best Supporting for The King and I went on so long that there was actually the sound of approaching tap dancers, which was very funny. Didn't stop her, though! She thanked everybody but the doorman in her building and I'm sure he was next on her list. I think there should be a very definite rule about acceptance speeches at these award shows. Who gives a fuck about somebody's agent or lawyer?! Write them a thank you card when you get home.

Rosie Ann Miles is not a silly woman. Last year she starred as Imelda Marcos in Here Lies Love at the Public and blew everyone away.

A major talent getting a bit giddy winning her first big award is not silly. What is so wrong with a human being acting like a human being?

Archived