Phoenix / Scottsdale

ericwinters
This topic is 3204 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

first of all, rental car is a must in the phoenix market.

That being said, if you don't have loyalty to any specific hotel chain, I would recommend The Clarendon (www.goclarendon.net) It is a gay owned/run boutique hotel in the central phx area. Might not have a lot in walking distance, but it is a short drive to quite a few fun places for drinks, food, etc...

have lived in the area since age 12...."where to stay" is your main concern?.....if so, are you out here for a conference or pleasure only?....Scottsdale is just a large suburb, but a nice one....if you mean the "big mall" to be Scottsdale Fashion Square (largest in the SW), there are several resort-ish places within a couple miles, but no real golf courses as real estate is too expensive!...the mall is very near downtown Scotts. and in a great location..... if a golfer, the Phoenician (hotel) course may be the nearest to the mall/downtown Scotts....

downtown Phx has become much more active than a few years ago with a comedy club or two, hip restaurants, the whole bit....CityScape is the new cool retail center downtown, but many other things in the surrounding blocks....but some weeknights may be quiet.....the new Palomar hotel managed by gay-friendly Kimpton is down there and in a great location....the new light rail comes thru downtown and can take you over to downtown Tempe/ASU for other places to see/do there.....

if you remember, the city is very spread out.....low density.....lots of traffic.....

Thanks for the updates! Yes I was discussing The Fashion Square. I need to check out the new area downtown. Not a golf guy so that is not a concern.

I've seen Don, he looks good. What about Bryce? Wasn't there a blond blue guy that was there for some time, he still around?

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite hotel in downtown Scottsdale is The Saguaro. It is very gay friendly, has a nice pool and gym, the staff has lots of eye candy, and there is a restaurant next door called AZ88 that has a gay following. The wonderfully-named Valley Ho is another good choice for downtown Scottsdale. Both are near the Big Mall known as Fashion Square, though you will find the scale of Downtown Scottsdale (like the rest of the Valley) is very big so it's a not really walkable but is a quick car or trolley ride. However both hotels are within walking distance to lots of stores, restaurants and galleries, just not the mall.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some fine masseurs in Phoenix on Masseurfinder. I have to go check to see if they are still there this summer. One of them specializes in four hands with his partner, and I have had the PLEASURE of being with them both a couple of times and could not have been more pleased !! (for many reasons)

• 1 month later...

Archived