Las Vegas Hotels

Retired Fly Boy
This topic is 7427 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw a story on the 6 O'Clock News tonight that was nasty. Forty per cent of the hotels in Las Vegas have a bed bug problem. The health department did the black light test after many complaints. Blankets, bed covers, pillows, etc. had human body fluids all over them. Bed bugs were found in many hotels as well. Two people on a honeymoon even got a case of crabs. Some of the hotels , no names given, were 5 star resorts. I looked at the Google search and sure enough they say it is true about the Vegas hotels, as well as many other hotels in the USA and Canada. Looks like the hotel business washes blankets and bed covers only once a month if at all. The reporter said, to strip back the covers and look at the sheets for little red spots, that shows that bugs live in the bed . If a room is not clean to your satisfaction, call the desk and make them give you a new room. Any of you guys ever have this problem? I was an airline pilot for 30 years and always took my own pillow cases and sleeping bag on the road. I have a thing about sleeping in a bed that thousands of other people slept and had sex in. Now that I am retired, sleeping in my own bed every night is a luxary to me.x(

Guest msclonly

Just pull back the sheets and the mattress cover, if there is one of them, and COUNT the rings on the mattress cover like tree rings to get an idea of the age of the mattress.

It ain't a pretty sight.

Sometimes the reverse side is evey uglier!

:D

Most hotels change linen (sheets and pillow cases) every day and (we hope) all of them change linen when occupants change. So looking for bed bugs and red spots will not help much. The bugs don't necessarily stay in between the sheets durning the day, they can stay anywhere in the room. There was an article in the paper today.

>I was an airline pilot for 30 years

Cool you're a pilot :). Weren't you ever concerned about flying into the side of a mountain or blowing up in mid-air because someone left the gas cap off or falling straight from the sky like the Value Jet in Florida did about 7 years ago or going down like that PSA plane in San Diego or flipping over in mid-flight or I could go on and on :). As you can probably guess I don't fly :(. Which has been really limiting for me though for nearly 20 years I have managed to get around it.

What is strange to me is when I was a kid I flew all the time with family and by myself, weird huh :(.

Well, I am happy you made it through safely.

Oh interesting article about the bedding I have seen other studies that state like stats, also very depressing to know I might be sleeping in someone's cum ... yet at least I don't have to worry about dropping from 30,000 feet :(.

Many years ago, my boyfriend and I arrived in Florence, Italy by car without hotel reservations and discovered that a fashion show was in town. As a result, there was a dire shortage of hotel rooms, especially in 4 or 5 star establishments which were our usual choice (lived on an expense account then). In fact we couldn't even find a 3 or 2 star hotel with any rooms. We finally found a one star hotel, which despite it's low rating was sort of cute, although tiny.

To make a long story short, we woke up the next morning scatching like mad, and discovered our torsos were covered in red spots. I was horrified, not knowing what had attacked us. We went to a pharmacy to get some lotion and were told that we had been bitten by bed bugs. The good news was that the bites fade away quickly and, unlike scabies, the bugs do not cling to your body. Sill, an unpleasant experience (and also the last time I ever stayed in a cheap hotel in Europe.

Archived