Paw de deux

purplekow
This topic is 3306 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

And what breed of dog is it? Australian shepherd, maybe?

I don't think you would get a cat to do that! It looks like a border collie, and yes they are used as sheep dogs. In Australia and NZ (and probably elsewhere) there is a thing called sheep dog trials where single dogs have to herd a small flock of sheep through a series of gates following voice commands from their trainers.

I don't think you would get a cat to do that! It looks like a border collie, and yes they are used as sheep dogs. In Australia and NZ (and probably elsewhere) there is a thing called sheep dog trials where single dogs have to herd a small flock of sheep through a series of gates following voice commands from their trainers.

Or as the movie Babe demonstrates, it can be a pig. I am usually happy if my dog sits on command. The time and effort spent here is exceptional. And, am I the only one who thinks that the dog is actually quite graceful in its movements?

Or as the movie Babe demonstrates, it can be a pig. I am usually happy if my dog sits on command. The time and effort spent here is exceptional. And, am I the only one who thinks that the dog is actually quite graceful in its movements?

No, you're not the only one. The dog did a great job. But the dog is also a breed that gets bored easily and needs outlets and things to do and an owner willing to invest that kind of time. Cats are usually naturally graceful, but they are not very cooperative.

Archived