Regarding the new Forum application we are now using

gallahadesquire
This topic is 3166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a question:

In the old Forum, one could "cancel" a post, let it be to a thread or a specific quote.

I do not see a way to cancel new input. If it's all deleted, it doesn't get posted, but

it's just not quite the same.

Is there a way to "cancel" a post prior to its posting? Or to delete a post after its been

posted (I think we used to be able to do that, within a limited time span).

Thanks.

I haven't seen the equivalent of Cancel yet. Hopefully someone will chime in. The obvious alternative is just not to post :) but I do see the drawback. On the other hand, I started to reply to a thread and thought better of it. As the thread matured, I decided again to reply and my draft was still there waiting. That was actually kinda handy.

I do see Edit and Delete links on every message but that may just be the administrator in me, although I know I've seen some deleted posts made by members. It'll be the weekend before I have time to create a new non-administrator account to give things a good look-over.

I do see Edit and Delete links on every message but that may just be the administrator in me, although I know I've seen some deleted posts made by members. It'll be the weekend before I have time to create a new non-administrator account to give things a good look-over.

I just checked one of my posts and it has Edit and Delete links on it while others' posts just have the Report link.

Ooh, ooh... will you be accepting nominations for a name? I'm not clever enough, but this could be fun.

LOL!

I usually use names of Hanna Barbara cartoon characters. If you ever see posts from Fred and Wilma, you know I'm trying to figure out how something works. I usually delete them as soon as they appear, but you might see them from time to time.

But if you want to name me, big fella, feel free. She just might show up. :p

I really, really like the new forum.

Now, being a bit off topic, if I were to give myself a cartoonish alter ego, it would be either Mr. Peabody,

or Bullwinkle, who a respected computer science professor once described as the patron saint of programmers -

"This time for *sure*!!!!"

Not sure if this on-topic for this thread or not BUT...

I tried to post a pic (both by trying to upload it & by trying to link to it) and it didn't work. The system rejected the upload because it didn't like the file's extension (tried both png and jpg), and the link simply posted as a broken-image graphic. I'm no techie, but I'm not usually such a doofus. Any tips?

Not sure if this on-topic for this thread or not BUT...

I tried to post a pic (both by trying to upload it & by trying to link to it) and it didn't work. The system rejected the upload because it didn't like the file's extension (tried both png and jpg), and the link simply posted as a broken-image graphic. I'm no techie, but I'm not usually such a doofus. Any tips?

We've never been able to upload things directly before unless it was web hosted. So I don't know if that is the same with the new Forum software. And I know there is a picture From a website that I've tried to post multiple times, it seems to work when I first post it, then after awhile it goes to the broken image icon. It's as If either the original website or this one rejects the image somehow.

Gman

• 4 months later...

Archived