An Appeal to Hooboy

guptasa1
This topic is 7433 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>I am trying to figure it out...

>

>Is "laissez-faire" what they call the amusement park at

>Michael Jackson's Neverland Raunch?

Nope. It's what we call the position you are arguing for whenever you post one of your many, many complaints about our country's unwillingness to let gay guys pay other gay guys for sex.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Spirit of greeting 2004 with guarded optimism, I would like to put my two cents in regarding certain recent actions.

It would seem, as far as I can tell, that certain posters have been kicked off this message-board within the past month or so, due to their big mouths. Ethan, Doug69, Axebahia to name the ones I am aware of. It is true, these people have not learned the values of Temperance.

Nevertheless, in my opinion, they are still important members of our community, our "family" if you will, despite their occasional ill behaviour. I of course do not know what things they might have said in their many deleted posts, because, after all, they were deleted. Still, I believe that everyone deserves as many opportunities as they need to get things right. They have been chastened, hopefully, but might they not now return? I can only speak for myself,

but I miss them.

Hooboy, I do not mean to make waves. This is absoutely your website, and we all will abide by your decisions. But please reconsider these people.

La Trix

I am sorry, but I do not remember advocating what you are saying I am. But I am accostomed to this sort of thing. And if I misunderstand what you are trying to say, my apologies, sir.

Since we have both stated publicly that we do not read each other's posts, perhaps this should be our final exchange, unless you prefer to have the last word and for you I shall concede. The people in your corner will cheer you and the people in my corner will send me money but remain silent for fear of being accused of brown-nosing.

Excuse me, Danilo and I have rehearsals.

Domo, sensei.

>I am sorry, but I do not remember advocating what you are

>saying I am.

I'm sorry to hear that. Amnesia can be a sign of serious illness.

>Since we have both stated publicly that we do not read each

>other's posts, perhaps this should be our final exchange,

Promises, promises!

>The original post actually stated that, like you, too many in

>this thread were acting like a bunch of little boys who

>couldn't get ice cream for their treat.

If the above does not constitute a comment on the person rather than on the issue, it's close enough to pass in a dark room. If you're going to chide people for complaining about the management's rules then why aren't you willing to follow them yourself?

For the record, children (and sheep) are quite accustomed to being herded about by people who behave in an arbitrary and dictatorial manner. Educated, opinionated adults, on the other hand, don't like being treated that way.

> It is HooBoy's

>absolute right (as I mentioned before and you glossed over) to

>do what he wants here. So it is time to move on, eh.

If you find the topic of this thread uninteresting there's no one compelling you to read or post in it, is there?

Hooboy can do what he likes with his own website. But if he wants to attract visitors from America and other countries where people are inculcated from childhood with the notion that there should be one set of rules that apply equally to everyone in a community, then he's going to continue to get objections from those people whenever his actions violate that notion. If he converts this site to one that is accessible only to people in Russia or China he's much less likely to run into that problem.

>TT I know you always like to have the last word to cure your

>ego so go on.

Here we go again with the personal attacks. Just one more example of the indisputable fact that the champions of "civility" only want to be civil to those who agree with them.

Archived