Modern Medicine - First Successful Penis Transplant

Bryanforservice
This topic is 3356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I could use a new one!! But I don't think I'd want to be on anti-rejection medications for the rest of my life. I mean it's one thing to be rejected by someone else's penis, but can you imagine how low you would feel being rejected for what was at least temporarily your own tallywacker?

Gman

Guest countryboywny
A story in The Guardian mentioned the donor was deceased.

Now why would I want to replace one dead penis with another??? :D

This is certainly an interesting development. I was not aware of the problems in South Africa. I do have a friend who is a urologist who over the years has specialized in doing surgery on men's genitals to restore function after accidents in which the penis and or testicles have been seriously damaged. He says this is very difficult surgery, in large part because of the various nerves involved and the delicate tissues which serve so many different functions. He has indicated that the techniques that have been developed in the last few years have resulted in a much greater degree of success. He has also been a consultant to the military where injuries from mines often involve the legs and genitals. So here are three cheers for modern medicine and the men and women that devote their lives to provide restoration to a basic part of our humanity.

Archived