One of the best and most classic pieces of literature coming to the big screen

mmk123
This topic is 3418 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm a huge Peanuts fan, but I'm not sure about 3D animation. Part of the charm was the simple, 2D animation. Nonetheless, I will most likely see the movie.

Count me as another Peanuts fan who prefers hand-drawn animation. I don't know whether it's due to the uncanny valley or what, but other than backgrounds, I find computer/3D animation less convincing than hand-drawn/2D animation or well-done stop-action/claymation.

Count me as another Peanuts fan who prefers hand-drawn animation. I don't know whether it's due to the uncanny valley or what, but other than backgrounds, I find computer/3D animation less convincing than hand-drawn/2D animation or well-done stop-action/claymation.

Unlike other cartoon characters, the Peanuts gang does not translate well to figurines and other 3D media. However, as I said, i will probably see the movie anyway. "Snoopy Come Home" and "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" were not as good as the specials, but I still watch them from time to time.

"I before E, except after C..." :)

Unlike other cartoon characters, the Peanuts gang does not translate well to figurines and other 3D media. However, as I said, i will probably see the movie anyway. "Snoopy Come Home" and "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" were not as good as the specials, but I still watch them from time to time.

"I before E, except after C..." :)

I like the look of the animation in the trailer. It appears that they're not trying for overly round 3D rendering. It looks more like the 2D perspectives we're familiar with along with some depth and smooth transitions from one point of view to the next. I just hope that the adults sound like muted trombones and not real voices.

Archived