She went plane nuts!

armadillo
This topic is 3435 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

SEOUL, South Korea – Forget dust-ups over reclining seats in economy class. There's a new and exclusive twist on inflight anger: Nut rage in first class.

A recent Korean Air Lines flight was delayed when its chairman's daughter, who was also vice president responsible for cabin service at the airline, ordered a senior crew member off the plane. The crime? Allowing her and other passengers in the pointy end of the aircraft to be served bagged macadamia nuts instead of nuts on a plate.

The executive, Cho Hyun-ah, resigned Tuesday amid a storm of public criticism in South Korea. The airline had earlier excused her behavior even as it apologized for inconveniencing passengers.

South Korean media reported this week that the flight from New York City to Incheon, South Korea returned to the gate after Cho told the head of cabin crew to leave the plane. The reports said Cho quarreled with crew in the first class cabin and the flight departed 20 minutes late.

Cho, 40, is the oldest child of Korean Air's chairman, tycoon Cho Yang-ho. Her two siblings are also executives at South Korea's largest airline.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/12/09/korean-air-lines-exec-resigns-over-in-flight-incident/

SEOUL, South Korea – Forget dust-ups over reclining seats in economy class. There's a new and exclusive twist on inflight anger: Nut rage in first class.

A recent Korean Air Lines flight was delayed when its chairman's daughter, who was also vice president responsible for cabin service at the airline, ordered a senior crew member off the plane. The crime? Allowing her and other passengers in the pointy end of the aircraft to be served bagged macadamia nuts instead of nuts on a plate.

The executive, Cho Hyun-ah, resigned Tuesday amid a storm of public criticism in South Korea. The airline had earlier excused her behavior even as it apologized for inconveniencing passengers.

South Korean media reported this week that the flight from New York City to Incheon, South Korea returned to the gate after Cho told the head of cabin crew to leave the plane. The reports said Cho quarreled with crew in the first class cabin and the flight departed 20 minutes late.

Cho, 40, is the oldest child of Korean Air's chairman, tycoon Cho Yang-ho. Her two siblings are also executives at South Korea's largest airline.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/12/09/korean-air-lines-exec-resigns-over-in-flight-incident/

Saw this and I was almost speechless. She still could be prosecuted By the South Korean Aviation Laws, and serve jail time, of course that will never happen. Let's just hope that the world wide attention and humiliation will be enough.

I heard this on the radio this morning, but misunderstood the relationships - I thought this was the daughter of a woman who was head of Cabin Service. I was just picturing the conversation at home.

"You understand that what you did is bad? That mommy lost her job over this?"

"I don't care! And where's my dessert!"

Exactly. And exactly what you get when you hire cronies and family.

It gets worse. This article indicates that she had given birth to her children in Hawaii so that they would be US citizens, exempting them from the compulsory 2 year military service in Korea. My guess is that she may not publicly be in any kind of executive position, but you just know that someone is writing her a big fat check on a regular basis.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nut-rage-spat-latest-stumble-korean-air-family-100334576--finance.html

It gets worse. This article indicates that she had given birth to her children in Hawaii so that they would be US citizens, exempting them from the compulsory 2 year military service in Korea. My guess is that she may not publicly be in any kind of executive position, but you just know that someone is writing her a big fat check on a regular basis.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nut-rage-spat-latest-stumble-korean-air-family-100334576--finance.html

Hmm that may not necessarily exempt them from Korean compulsory military service. Yes they are us citizens if born in the us, but if she puts them into the Korean family registry, then they will be considered Korean citizens, and as soon as those children become of age for military service or any time after, and are in korea or set foot in korea, they will be pulled into military service faster then you can say kimchi. its happened before.

Archived