Inu Yasha (Anime)

guptasa1
This topic is 7491 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While I'm on off-topic posts and animation already came up once today, anyone here have a crush on any anime characters? For me, it's Inu Yasha (from the series of the same name). He's got the bad boy attitude and he's cute as can be. <=oP Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN's also pretty cute.

shounen ai and Japanese homosexuality...

I haven't actually seen any shounen ai, but have read about it, and seen hints of it in things like Evangelion.

I've always thought it very interesting that it's considered normal here for your average straight man to fantasize about lesbians (hell, even abnormal not to!), yet you never hear about women fantasizing about gay guys together--here anyway.

It's apparently 100% normal in Japan for teen girls to read manga (sophisticated comics) about male-male *love* affairs, and watch lengthy shounen ai series on TV. Yet I haven't ever pinned down the Japanese feelings on homosexuality. From what I can gather young experimentation is fine/ignored, but everybody is expected to conform eventually and have a family. Hmm... wonder what the feelings are about husbands getting together?

Japan would seem to shoot a hole in the theory (is this one even still around?) that homosexuality may be a natural response to overcrowding.

RE: shounen ai and Japanese homosexuality...

Actually, I do quite enjoy yaoi. =oP Love animation and such.

I also have known a few girls who REALLY like thinking about males together and looking at yaoi and such, so there are girls in this country who definitely do get turned on by that.

I saw an anime some years back called... hmmm...

"Ai no Kusabe?" Something like that. It was a homoerotic bondage sci-fi fantasy, very entertaining. But why do anime hunks always have such sharp noses? They always look like plastic surgery mistakes.

Trix

Archived