Jackhammer's Baseball Seats!

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3573 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Who knew that our friend Jackhammer was such a big Los Angeles Dodger fan that he went in on some season seat packages that got him first row seats in a section that includes a free buffet and seat-side service? Well, I didn't...until last night when my husband and I were given the use of the seats to watch the Angels be defeated by the Dodgers. It almost made it easy to see our team go down, sitting in such comfort. (Well, our team unless it's the Yankees.)

Of course, we got the Dodger Stadium welcome. We got to the VIP lot, found a spot, and then it took us a couple of minutes to exit our car. By then two cops rolled up on their bikes, wanting to search us for alcohol. "You're not allowed to sit in the car and drink," one cop told me. My response was that we had just arrived and don't even drink. This put the cop in a quandary as he was going into tough guy mode with his partner while considering that he may be mistaken here. But, he backed off, mumbling something about they didn't know we had just got there, etc. no apology of course. But, we put that all behind us and enjoyed the benevolence of our friend Jackhammer in those VIP seats. Everyone was so friendly in that area. It was nice to see fans being so vocal behind their team, and Dodger Stadium was looking good , too, since they spruced up the 50-year old home of Brooklyn's finest.

Jackhammer reports that he expects to return home from the hospital today. Yes, that happened a couple of weeks ago, but he didn't stay away long. I don't think he likes being in the hospital so much, but they probably give him the VIP treatment there too.

Anyway, it's good news that he is going home, but he is still on the road to recovery, with all of the bumps and humps those roads have. I wish him well. I'd even root for the Dodgers if he'd get better soon....:)

I can't resist:

24 years as an attending physician at my hospital. I go to the ER: Spend six to eight hours in the hallway.

Get admitted. INEDIBLE food. Not just "not tasty" or "blah". LITERALLY [yes, I mean that word] inedible.

Cardboard is undoubtedly more tasty and more nutritious.

Next time I go in, I'm getting someone to bring me a tub of Peanut BUtter, some Jelly (I like loganberry), and a couple of loaves of bread.

I can't resist:

24 years as an attending physician at my hospital. I go to the ER: Spend six to eight hours in the hallway.

Get admitted. INEDIBLE food. Not just "not tasty" or "blah". LITERALLY [yes, I mean that word] inedible.

Cardboard is undoubtedly more tasty and more nutritious.

Next time I go in, I'm getting someone to bring me a tub of Peanut BUtter, some Jelly (I like loganberry), and a couple of loaves of bread.

Gallahad…you just don't know the "right" people at your hospital! Mine is a major (read huge) hospital in the Wild Wild West.

I recently found myself in the ER at my hospital - attending for 35 years - the nurses ran over to me, whisked me through Triage into my very own room in the ER (no view BUT my own bathroom). Enjoyed it, if one can say you enjoyed the ER, for 9 hours. I was admitted after only 1 hour but there were no beds upstairs. I finally make it upstairs to my room and, I guess the knife cuts both ways, I couldn't keep the nurses and other docs OUT of my room - everyone peeked in to say hello and make sure I was doing ok. Not one minute of peace!!

As far as the food - that's universal. When I knew I was going to be admitted, I called up a few friends and put them on food patrol - one for lunch, another for dinner, same the next day. That way I had great food from my favorite restaurants for 2 days.

To Frankly Rich:

I looked up the teams with the highest attendance so far in major league baseball.

Interesting results, as least to me:

Average attendance per game, top five in order:

Dodgers

Cardinals

Yankees

Giants

Angels

Percent of seats sold, again top five in order:

Giants

Cardinals

Red Sox

Tigers

Yankees

Here's a Friday funny that Jackhammer might enjoy: On this date in 1976, the Chicago White Sox wore shorts for the game instead of their uniform pants!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bM340AiV4Uo/UgMwnxuUi9I/AAAAAAAACoQ/4BtYC26BiDU/s1600/%23%23A1UPS.jpg

(WilliamM, interesting stats!)

When I was a resident, one the affiliated hospitals had a contract with Johnson and Wales Culinary School. The cafeteria and the hospital food were made by Culinary school students. The food was delicious. Friday was lobster bisque day and that was my favorite though the New England clam chowder was very rich and full of clams and potatoes. I do not know if that affiliation still exists, but Roger Williams Hospital in Providence Rhode Island is hereby nominated as having had the best hospital food in the US.

Archived