22 Jump Street The Movie

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3626 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Perhaps they thought they were making a serious movie, so Channing Tatum did not even once take his shirt off, even when on the beach with hundreds of nearly naked extras! Yet 88% of moviegoers liked this movie, according to rottentomatoes.com. Well, the bf and I did too, even though it was so utterly stupid. Enough silly stuff and eventually we were bound to laugh. The movie played the two leads as very close...ahem.

Channing looks good, his biceps get great display and sure outdo mine. Jonah Hill is charming. Hill had uttered a homophobic slur recently, so I don't know if they added a scene to the movie as a result, but there was a scene where Tatum upbraided people for using gay slurs. "This is 2014, that doesn't fly anymore!" Or something like that.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jonah-hill-gay-slur-22-jump-street-publicity-stunt-1201213584/

To be honest, Jonah's comment bothered me, enough that I think I'm taking a pass on the movie. OK....I might be a little overly sensitive about it, but that's how I feel, and besides Channing's looking old, and for me he has lost his charm.

Oh BVB, you know I normally kiss and envy the ground you walk on, but I have to respectfully disagree with you twice. While I'm not planning on seeing the movie, and obviously I wasn't happy about Jonah's remark, I think he groveled quite nicely- maybe similar to when Hugh Grant went on the Tonight Show after being caught with his friend in the car.

And if Channing Tatum is getting old-well my gosh- I might as well be an Egyptian mummy- and not a handsome in shape Arnold Vosloo- but more like a Boris Karloff/Lon Chaney Jr. one.

Still envious of your ground.

Gman

I think this is the real pic!

http://us.cdn281.fansshare.com/celebrity/photos/channingtatum/channing-channing-tatum-body-447701428.jpg

That's probably new daddy, I dont have as much time to work out weight. I still think he's handsome. And probably 3 to 5 months with a personal dietician and trainer (+/-steroids), then poof back to his Magic Mike form.

Gman

Perhaps they thought they were making a serious movie, so Channing Tatum did not even once take his shirt off, even when on the beach with hundreds of nearly naked extras! Yet 88% of moviegoers liked this movie, according to rottentomatoes.com. Well, the bf and I did too, even though it was so utterly stupid. Enough silly stuff and eventually we were bound to laugh. The movie played the two leads as very close...ahem.

Channing looks good, his biceps get great display and sure outdo mine. Jonah Hill is charming. Hill had uttered a homophobic slur recently, so I don't know if they added a scene to the movie as a result, but there was a scene where Tatum upbraided people for using gay slurs. "This is 2014, that doesn't fly anymore!" Or something like that.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jonah-hill-gay-slur-22-jump-street-publicity-stunt-1201213584/

Tatum has the bleary eyes of a drinker. I'd bet cash money that he's a hard boozer

Channing likely has to work very hard to keep that lean, muscular look. In this latest movie, he's definitely looking thicker

To be honest, Jonah's comment bothered me, enough that I think I'm taking a pass on the movie. OK....I might be a little overly sensitive about it, but that's how I feel, and besides Channing's looking old, and for me he has lost his charm.

I think similarly as bvb regarding how I felt about the comment uttered by Jonah. While he did seem to do a good job of apologizing for it, it was still just not enough for me and put me off of him for the time being, and as a result the movie as well. Knowing that Channing didn't go shirtless in the movie just makes me feel I made the right choice :)

Oh BVB, you know I normally kiss and envy the ground you walk on, but I have to respectfully disagree with you twice. While I'm not planning on seeing the movie, and obviously I wasn't happy about Jonah's remark, I think he groveled quite nicely- maybe similar to when Hugh Grant went on the Tonight Show after being caught with his friend in the car.

And if Channing Tatum is getting old-well my gosh- I might as well be an Egyptian mummy- and not a handsome in shape Arnold Vosloo- but more like a Boris Karloff/Lon Chaney Jr. one.

Still envious of your ground.

Gman

Agreed, it was a nice apology, but it still put me off, and if Channing looks like the second pic that Mr. Rich posted, which he most likely does, I'm over him. ;)

He has serious "melty" face and his body is almost always somewhat soft looking. In ten years, many are going to be wondering ... what did we ever see in that meathead? Mark my words, he ain't gonna age well.

As for Jonah Hill. I think I'd rather sit through a Melissa McCarthy movie that sit through one with him in it. He can't act, he's stupid, he's arrogant and full of himself (remember that incident with the news anchor?), and his 15 minutes of fame are just about up.

This weekend I watched the very first episode of 21 Jump Street, the TV series. Johnny Depp in a police uniform, smoking cigarettes while looking like Harold in Harold and Maude. But soon enough he is sent to Jump Street, where tight jeans and a James Dean haircut make him a little more exciting. He sure looked young.

Other than him, the show is almost unwatchable.

He has serious "melty" face and his body is almost always somewhat soft looking. In ten years, many are going to be wondering ... what did we ever see in that meathead? Mark my words, he ain't gonna age well.

As for Jonah Hill. I think I'd rather sit through a Melissa McCarthy movie that sit through one with him in it. He can't act, he's stupid, he's arrogant and full of himself (remember that incident with the news anchor?), and his 15 minutes of fame are just about up.

I couldn't agree more, MrMiniver! Tatum's face is on the cover of some current magazine - GQ, I think. And his face looks baby-ish, doughy, and his eyes look weird. I think that is the norm for him; his transformation for MAGIC MIKE was a momentary state, methinks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I can't attest to his acting ability because I've never seen any of his work. But he is marketed as a hunk for his (marginal) looks.

As for Jonah Hill, he does seem totally full of himself and I hope you're right about his 15 minutes.

I thought it was a silly movie - and not really all that funny. It was amusing but short of real belly laughs.

I was also disappointed Channing kept his shirt on, but then he was starting to look a bit chunky and he has lost the boyish looks. He's growing up, so he'd better start watching the diet and start working out a lot more. He's not a good enough actor to get by without physical assets!

Archived