Queer Eye For the Straight Guy

imagooddog
This topic is 7553 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is anyone else kind of burned out on this show or is it just me. I enjoyed it at first and continue to be pleased with the way the straight guys respond to the 5 makeover guys. But I think the format is too cut and dry, such that the only thing different each week is the stright guy. Now it is predictable and somewhat boring.

I did enjoy the "Boy Meets Boy" series and hope they do another one.

I agree with you, suntan4 -- the show has become totally formulaic. The F5 run in to some guy's messy and Carson sneers at the clothes while Kyan is shocked that the sink is dirty. Then there's a series of plugs for various stores thay visit, and the cooking guy decides to have the straight guy make something that's both totally inappropriate and virtually impossible for him to pull off, like sushi or rack of lamb. Jai has nothing whatsoever to do, but that (and anything else from him) is forgiveable because he's so damn cute.

(And a side note to Brother Monroe: it really is a shame that you felt the need to hijack this thread no more than 12 minutes after it was originally posted. When you do that, it's easy for others to get the impression that you're really, really trying to get attention. Especially when it's not the first or second or eighteenth time.)

> (And a side note to Brother Monroe (sic): it really is a shame that

>you felt the need to hijack this thread no more than 12

>minutes after it was originally posted.

Well, I would have posted it sooner but I was blowing this guy who was taking a really long time to shoot, and then when he finally did unload, I had a big mess on my chest to wipe up. ;-)

Guest Love Bubble Butt

I agree totally. And this happens to most shows. The fewer variations you have from week to week, the sooner the show becomes boring.

Also, it seems that the Carson guy seems to be the most popular of the five. Which I find as ironic since he is the only one of the five I can't stand. I actually think he ruins the show.

And on a side note, I went to the Cher concert here in K.C. this past Monday and had a HUGE gay turnout (big surprise). But I was taken aback at how most of these guys were dressed! They had very feminine looking "tops" (for lasck of a better word), very strange low cut and bell bottom pants (Britney Spears wannabes?), and just a lot of other very strange shirts and pants. I commented to my friend they need to start a show called "Straight eye for the queer guy" for all of these guys. They certainly dispelled the notion that gay men are the ones with the fashion sense!

of course the drag queen dressed up like Cher was funny.

Archived