Any Game of Throne fans ?

MFLV
This topic is 3679 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone see the premier of Game of Thrones last night. That new character , Prince Oberlyn ( I think that's his name ) in the brothel going after the good looking blonde guy. Hmmmm , looks like it might be an interesting season!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, he's dreamy! I wish he were "on offer" in his words, in nyc!!! Unfortunately, he's only on in 1 episode this season...would love to see more of him though!!

That character is Olyver, played by Will Tudor, and if you were impressed by what you saw last night then you really need to go back and rewatch season 3...especially episode 5 (well he's only in that episode)!

I saw that episode and agreed that Olyver is hot. What a backside on that guy! I figured he was just a flash in the pan so to speak as I didn't ever see him again. Wouldn't mind seeing a resurrection of his character !

Or was that the same character that we saw last night ?

I'm certain that was the same character last night. Last time Olyvar was in an episode he clearly was working for Petry Baelish (feeding him information on the Tyrell's plans). Probably just one of the many people that Baelish has working in him brothel (he has to serve the needs of everyone!). So from Olyvar's previous appearance, last night seemed like he had taken on some of Baelish's duties in Baelish's absence, as Olyvar told Prince Oberyn that he wasn't on offer. Given that Oberyn seemed to be into him, we might see him again (fingers crossed).

EDIT: Sorry just checked and the character's name is Olyvar, not Olyver. :p

Totally obsessed with the books and the show. Interesting to me how they change things from the books. Prince Oberyn Martell was not bisexual in the books and neither really was Renley. The only one that they even hinted was gay was the Lord of the Flowers, Lorus Tyrell.... but on the show, he's sleeping with Renley and this Olyvar and last night, Cersei calls him a "notorious pillow biter".

I obviously don't mind that there is a gay element, but it sure wasn't in the books. Of course, that is by no means the only changes..... Ramsay Snow didn't cut off Theon's cock, either and the Red Wedding was not the masscacre that they showed either. Robb's wife and child weren't even there.

Oh, well. Guess it keeps it interesting.

Okie

I heard that they strayed somewhat from the book which I'm never a fan of. I like when they remain true to it. But as you said, the gay element did peak my interest. Wonder if we will see the Prince bed anyone ?

Anyone see the premier of Game of Thrones last night. That new character , Prince Oberlyn ( I think that's his name ) in the brothel going after the good looking blonde guy. Hmmmm , looks like it might be an interesting season!

I've never read the books but I've heard from those who have that he is one of the most popular characters in them and that his bisexuality features prominently. My only complaint, once again, was that we got full frontal female nudity last night but we didn't even get to see the blonde guy shirtless. Last season, they killed the only gay character. C'mon, I know it's a fanboy show but some of the fanboys out there must like a little man action??

I just watched the premiere this morning and thought it was a terrific episode. The final scene was really chilling.

I heard that they strayed somewhat from the book which I'm never a fan of. I like when they remain true to it. But as you said, the gay element did peak my interest. Wonder if we will see the Prince bed anyone ?

If Martin who wrote it doesn't mind, I guess I wouldn't especially since I haven't read them. I must admit to being surprised that J.K. Rowling was okay with the way they changed/butchered the Harry Potter books especially the last 3 in which characters who were prominent were completely written out and their actions/words shifted to other characters. I read those books and pissed me off.

By the way, what is a pillow biter? I've never heard that phrased before.

And on the final episode of Silk (Season 3) they kept using the phrase "grassed up" which I'd never heard before either. In the context, I'm guessing that had something to do with a police frame-up.

What could possibly be happening to you if you were face down on a bed, biting a pillow? Like perhaps, something that could be initially painful and you needed to muffle your moans??? Not sure about grassed up..... I would be inclined to think, high on pot.

Oberyn Martell is not in the books very much and as I remember it, was not bisexual. Ellaria Sands is his baby mama and he has all these evil illegitimate daughters called the Sand Snakes (that were really in the books more than he was).

Lorus Tyrell is still alive and he's gay.

Okie

Originally posted by Mr. Miniver

And on the final episode of Silk (Season 3) they kept using the phrase "grassed up" which I'd never heard before either. In the context, I'm guessing that had something to do with a police frame-up.

Close; it has to do with informing to the police. So it's a UK equivalent of ratting on someone or ratting him out. I've seen or heard it before (though I don't know where), but a quick Google search let me confirm it. Even a look at the Urban Dictionary would have helped; it lists this meaning along with others.

I second what Okliehomo says about the meaning of pillow-biter, a term I first saw used in the English translation of the manga Gravitation as applied to the ukeist of ukes. "Uke" means "receiver" and is sometimes used to denote the bottom in anal sex.

What could possibly be happening to you if you were face down on a bed, biting a pillow? Like perhaps, something that could be initially painful and you needed to muffle your moans??? Not sure about grassed up..... I would be inclined to think, high on pot.

Oberyn Martell is not in the books very much and as I remember it, was not bisexual. Ellaria Sands is his baby mama and he has all these evil illegitimate daughters called the Sand Snakes (that were really in the books more than he was).

Lorus Tyrell is still alive and he's gay.

Okie

I could have sworn that that witch woman murdered the gay character last season or the one before that. Perhaps I'm confusing it. I don't remember the character's name but it took place in a tent or something and she killed him. At least that's how I remember it. Perhaps I was high at the time :)

I figured out pillow biter pretty quickly. I just had never heard the phrase before.

"Which way do you like it", reply "My Way"... Just when that brothel scene was getting interesting, the interruption comes...

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/my_way.gif

Even though I had never heard the term "pillow biter" in common parlance, I just intuited what it meant. I thought it was kind of charming of Cirsei to put it that way.

Now I'm just waiting for an occasion to refer to someone in conversation as "you notorious pillow-biter."

I misquoted. Cersei actually said, "Renowned pillow biter". Still works.

Mellisandre (the Red Woman) conjured forth a demon/spirit/smoke monster baby (you be the judge) supposedly with the face of Stannis Barathian that killed his brother, Renly Barathian in a tent where he had been fooling around with Lorus Tyrell. Renly was definitely gay though bethrothed to Margaery Tyrell, Lorus' sister. In that same tent, when Renly could not get it up to have sex with her, she offered to have her brother Lorus "get him started". Generous, I thought. Margaery is now about to marry Joffrey....and I think you will see how that turns out this Sunday.

Okie

I misquoted. Cersei actually said, "Renowned pillow biter". Still works.

Mellisandre (the Red Woman) conjured forth a demon/spirit/smoke monster baby (you be the judge) supposedly with the face of Stannis Barathian that killed his brother, Renly Barathian in a tent where he had been fooling around with Lorus Tyrell. Renly was definitely gay though bethrothed to Margaery Tyrell, Lorus' sister. In that same tent, when Renly could not get it up to have sex with her, she offered to have her brother Lorus "get him started". Generous, I thought. Margaery is now about to marry Joffrey....and I think you will see how that turns out this Sunday.

Okie

Thanks, that's what I remember so I'm glad you set the record straight. Apparently, I wasn't high or I was high and still remembered that scene. So they did kill the hot gay guy. I hate when that happens.

Renowned pillow biter is a great phrase. I looked it up later on urban dictionary and got quite a few laughs at some of the definitions for it that they provide ... "jack terrier" "pounded by a ... "

They can be quite creative over there.

Can't wait for the second episode as I have heard that it will blow you away with all that occurs. I find myself looking at the clock saying damn there is only a couple minutes left. An hour just doesn't cut it ! Lol

Or at the very least, Jaimie could have given the Prince a "golden" hand....

This season is going to be a little different. All the other seasons had one pivotal episode, usually episode 9... Nedd Stark's beheading, Blackwater Bay, the Red Wedding.... this season is supposed to have like 4 and if the previews are right, one of them is this weekend..... the Purple Wedding.

Okie

Archived