What happens when you're not home—REVEALED!

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3720 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hilarious Mr. E...I went through that with my dog when I first got her. She's wasn't allowed on the bed, or on the furniture. She would sneak up there when I was out. It took a while to get her trained right, or for her to train me. They are much smarter than we often give them credit for. In the end it was either the couch or the bed, pick your poison. It was non negotiable to her. LOL...I finally gave in and we reached an agreement...the bed, yes...the couch, no!!

No, that's what happens when I AM home... usually, after she has rolled around in the yard and is covered in grass..... and usually just minutes after the housekeeper leaves....

My Grass Monster.

Okie

My dog, too, when I AM home. Trouble is, he is allowed on the bed but chooses to do this just after he eats and/or drinks so he can thoroughly wipe his face (very long hair, 75 pounds of it). I think he's showing off. When I'm gone, he goes out to the porch and sleeps all day. I know he doesn't go onto the bed then because it is too neat when I get home!

Reminds me of our old family dog, who lived to the ripe old age of 18.

For 18 years, we listened to mom gripe about THAT DAMN DOG. There were times when we were pretty sure it was lights out for THAT DAMN DOG, particularly the day he put a hole in the garage door. The most common complaint, though, and it was constant for almost 18 years, was that THAT DAMN DOG was sleeping in her bed.

For all of those years THAT DAMN DOG would wait until everyone left for the day and then he'd hop up in her bed, pull back the bedspread, and rearrange the pillows to his liking for a nice long snooze.

It should be noted that at no time in all of those 18 years hearing about THAT DAMN DOG did anyone in the family suggest "why don't you close the bedroom door?". That would've pierced the illusion and we all knew it.

Why is the cat an asshole? The cat is by far the smaller of the two animals. It's natural for him/her to watch how the situation develops out of pure self-protection.

I think Chris E is "quoting" the cat as calling the dog an asshole for acting all crazy......

Archived