Hot, shirtless men in public libraries

friendofsheila
This topic is 3131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a casual acquaintance who looked very familar to me from the first time I saw him. It was not until we attended the same barbecue and he took off his shirt to go into the pool that I recognized him as a coverboy for many romance novels. During the course of the day, I manage to get him alone and asked him if he did indeed model for those covers and he sheepishly said he did but he did not want his wife and family to know that he was making extra money in this way. So it remain our secret. By the way, he was impressive in real life but those covers really showed his body off to its maximum potential.

When I was a child and early adolescent, I loved it when my parents took me to Six Flags Over Texas. At the time they had the 'Canoe Ride- 'real' canoes where you paddled and there were either one or two shirtless adolescent to early 20's males, in buckskin pants, paddling and and steering. The guys were tan from having worked outdoors all summer without their shirts and were all in pretty good shape considering they were paddling canoes all day. I always told myself I wanted to get in good shape like them. But - oh well at least I had the opportunity to look at them if not look like them.

Gman

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
If a cute guy (a live one, not on a book cover) EVER appears in the library, he never appears again.

A cute guy just appeared in the library (I'm using a library computer now).

He gave me a look! Then went past.

Then went past the other way and glanced down at me! Then went into the children's section.

The children's section???

What to make of this? You tell me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he gave me his look more than once. Then he didn't respond much as I gave him half a smile when I passed him on the way to the hold shelf.

Then he came to the checkout machine with two boys. One of them called him "Daddy" and then asked "Is Mom home?"

What a life he must be leading, trying to pick up middle aged gays like me at the library in between babysitting his kids and getting them home.

Weird.

• 7 months later...

Archived