Internet Connection Problems 1/27/2014

whipped guy
This topic is 3779 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am not able to connect to a number of websites today... such as Apple and Amazon to name only two major sites. However, I am not having any problems connecting to this site or even YouTube. A local friend is having the same problem. We both have AT&T Internet and are located in southern New England. I was able to get on the Downdetector website and it seems that the problem is nationwide. I am having problems both on my computer and iPhone. However, no problems when the phone is not connected to wifi.

Anyone else having problems and with other service providers??? I have never really been happy with AT&T, but other providers in the past have not been much better.

Fortunately the Boundgods website works perfectly! ;)

Guest Starbuck

AT&T Internet here too (also southern New England) ... tried both Apple and Amazon (since you mentioned them, WG) and had no problems getting on to either. Hope that's just an indication that the problem is resolved.

I am not able to connect to a number of websites today... such as Apple and Amazon to name only two major sites. However, I am not having any problems connecting to this site or even YouTube. A local friend is having the same problem. We both have AT&T Internet and are located in southern New England. I was able to get on the Downdetector website and it seems that the problem is nationwide. I am having problems both on my computer and iPhone. However, no problems when the phone is not connected to wifi.

Anyone else having problems and with other service providers??? I have never really been happy with AT&T, but other providers in the past have not been much better.

Fortunately the Boundgods website works perfectly! ;)

I'm sure "BoundGods" will more than make up for the Loss of your other "Service Providers". ;)

Since this site probably provides your most needed "Service" since the Winter Weather has set in and before that~:rolleyes:

could have been what's called a "BGP flap". Some link tieing together ATT and some other provider at their interconnection

point goes down, and the bad news gets circulated for far too long thereafter. Things usually do heal themselves in a few hours.

Starting last Thursday (01/23), in suburban L.A., I began having problems with my Verizon internet and email. Called Verizon several times and they kept extending the repair time. Finally starting working again this morning (01/27). It wasn't totally down just extremely difficult to get to gmail and numerous sites were very slow and and a few down completely.

I've been having problems with Apple.com off an on for the last couple of weeks. So much so that my Apple ID's password has been changed (because it was required of me) to something that reflects my general mood at the time, and then it didn't let me in (but does now).

I steered clear the weeks immediately following the holidays because they're always slammed. But get it together, already!

Archived