Obama Plays the Race Card...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 3785 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

<Sigh!>

Obama Says Racial Animus Blunts Approval, New Yorker Reports

By Brian Wingfield

President Barack Obama said that racial tensions may have softened his popularity among white voters within the last two years, according to a story posted on the New Yorker magazine’s website today.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, appearing in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.(More)

Ummm ... hello ... is there any other explanation for the whole f*ing "birther" phenomenon???

Among other efforts to sacrifice the good of the country to make certain that the first black man in the white house has as little effect as possible??

And black friends of mine in the South say that following Obama's election, they have seen levels of "street" racism higher than they've been exposed to since the 60's.

Race doesn't explain a DROP in popularity over the last two years. The bigots NEVER liked Obama. White voters didn't suddenly realize Obama was black 6 years after his first election and 2 years after he was re-elected. Playing the race card only worsens race relations and makes people (like Joey) think that racism plays a huge role when race is mostly, if not entirely, irrelevant to a given analysis.

Wow. Holy cherry-picked quotations out of context, Batman.

I used to think you were smart.

Newt Gingrich said the US was a failure. Mitt Romney called for an overthrow of the government. All of these things were said. You didn't build that.

Was it what they meant in context?

Archived