abybody else getting a "linkbucks" url when clicking on a link here??

azdr0710
This topic is 3914 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Linkbucks is several things at once:

* Legitimate advertising placement service

* Abused by various trojans and other malware that isn't Linkbucks but tries to look like it is

* Target of a legitimate adware filter for Firefox

I haven't talked to Daddy today, but I'm not getting this redirection on my PC at this hour. If I was guessing (and I am), I'd say this might be related to the recent MC upgrade wherein Daddy spent a ton of time stripping out for-pay addons and "features" we don't need and don't want to purchase. This might be a vestigial gifting from vBulletin.

I'm guessing chez Daddy is busy this evening and doesn't need me calling so perhaps he'll put his oar in here when we know anything worth reporting.

I always link directly to the message forum and then use the reviews link at the bottom. I've never had the problem described.

The problem was occurring with links that posters included to M4RN, rentboy, etc. it didn't seem to affect internal links (e.g., to other threads here).

Regardless, Daddy fixed it quickly, once he was informed of the problem.

The problem was occurring with links that posters included to M4RN, rentboy, etc. it didn't seem to affect internal links (e.g., to other threads here).

Regardless, Daddy fixed it quickly, once he was informed of the problem.

Duh! Daddy called it a HACK. Somebody got all the way in and added the Linkbucks link to appear in front of all the links from posters. It was a Hack. I figured out that I wasn't having the trouble described because I use AdBlock and DoNotTrackMe on my MacBook Pro.

Duh! Daddy called it a HACK. Somebody got all the way in and added the Linkbucks link to appear in front of all the links from posters. It was a Hack. I figured out that I wasn't having the trouble described because I use AdBlock and DoNotTrackMe on my MacBook Pro.

Just to be clear - I wasn't implying that the fault was with the posters. My point was that, for me, not EVERY link was infected. Someone posted a link to another thread here, and that behaved normally for me.

Just to be clear - I wasn't implying that the fault was with the posters. My point was that, for me, not EVERY link was infected. Someone posted a link to another thread here, and that behaved normally for me.

You owe no apology and you owe no explanation. You were not incorrect.

Archived