Texas favorites, anyone?

shadowcatzxxx
This topic is 3899 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A recent email from a fellow forum member reminded me that I recommended Matt (http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/sexy_matthew.shtml) in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, Matt and I have recently had a falling out related to some money I loaned him. I had several good experiences with Matt over the last year or so, but he has now lost my trust. I'm not trying to black list Matt because I think he's a good (albeit troubled) guy, and I hope that he can turn his life around very soon. If any of you hire Matt and have a great experience, please share that or write a review. However, I have no plans to see Matt again in the near future and don't want anyone who is iffy about whether to hire him to do so based on my prior recommendation.

A recent email from a fellow forum member reminded me that I recommended Matt (http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/sexy_matthew.shtml) in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, Matt and I have recently had a falling out related to some money I loaned him. I had several good experiences with Matt over the last year or so, but he has now lost my trust. I'm not trying to black list Matt because I think he's a good (albeit troubled) guy, and I hope that he can turn his life around very soon. If any of you hire Matt and have a great experience, please share that or write a review. However, I have no plans to see Matt again in the near future and don't want anyone who is iffy about whether to hire him to do so based on my prior recommendation.
Forgive my immediate judgement of you, Tom1980, but you are an idiot!

Why in the hell would you hand money to someone expecting repayment? If he could qualify for a loan, he could borrow from a bank. Borrowing from you immediately proved he wasn't creditworthy!

If you can afford to loan him money, you can afford to give him the money. Unless you are in the loan business, you should stay away from loaning money. That's why banks loan money and people don't.

Beyond all that, your falling out with him is the result of your attitude. The same attitude that YOU believe gives you permission to trash his name and reputation here on the forum. Before I believe anything you've said, I want to see the loan paperwork!

instudiocity,

I'm not sure what crawled up your ass. Must've been something really painful like a gerbil.

Your statement that people do not lend money is absurd. Maybe you've never loaned money to a friend or colleague, but I've done it many times, and I know numerous others who have as well. I don't ask for collateral or a written loan agreement when I do it either. I let people borrow money the same way I lend books, movies, clothes, tools, etc. to friends, co-workers, neighbors, and acquaintances.

I don't deny that I could afford to give Matt the money I loaned him, but that's irrelevant. I also knew there was a risk he would not pay me back, just as there's a risk that a colleague won't return my DVD or a neighbor won't give back my ladder. But I still have a right to expect these people to honor their promises. If they do not return what they borrowed, then I know that trusting them was a mistake, and I won't trust them again until they make amends. Still, I'll happily continue trusting others who need or want to borrow money, tools, DVDs, etc.

Finally, I'll concede that the falling out is a result of my attitude. When someone breaks a promise to me, it changes my attitude about that person. I know that I can no longer trust Matt. However, the behavior of one person does not sour me on the entire human race and prevent me from trusting others. What a sad and lonely life you must lead! Maybe I'm overly generous, but I can't imagine living my life without trusting others enough to let them borrow things that I can afford to lose.

Tom

Archived