Mobile Massage Service. Would you?

niceandthick
This topic is 3950 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yesterday I saw an ad on CL in the therapeutic section. It belonged to a masseur that I have seen advertising before on CL as well as massagem4m. His new ad on CL noted a mobile massage service (Host Anywhere, Mobile Studio!).

I sent him an email stating: "OK. I gotta ask about the mobile studio."

==

He responded:

"hi its my conversion van with full size bed. it is a bit warm with this heat during day, evenings are cooler- but i have fans and cold water. its best if u wear shorts and tshirt and flip flops and use bathroom first. let me know other questions"

==

I responded: "OK. I got it. Interesting...but not for me."

==

Today he followed up with an additional email:

"i just wrote this description which i think is much better about the mobile studio. thanks

what is a mobile massage studio?

this is an experiment that I am doing to become able to serve clients who cannot host and being able to meet them close to their residence or work. It is also to eliminate the hassle of renting a traditional space and all the conditions and expense that come along with that. I want to travel and work more so this is all around a lifestyle change for me also.

the studio is a beautiful conversion van with raised roof, track lighting and full size bed. Of course all windows will be covered. i am 5'11 and lying diagonally is very comfortable. I am waiting on a few parts to build a solar ac fan to keep van cool and will soon also have a porta potty. It is different and there is less space to move around but a few things like wearing as least clothing as possible, sandals/ flip flops, visiting bathroom right before your session and being open to a unique massage experience will help make you more at ease and comfortable. The clients who have had a massage in the van studio actually say the intimate space enhances the experience.

I will make a video soon to show the space, feel free to ask any other questions! Thanks"

==

My initial thought was to reply with response that I don't find this appealing...and I am not sure anyone else will. Then I thought...maybe some guys would.

Question: Would any of you guys entertain having a session in this mobile studio?

I dunno. All I can think of is this van parked at the outskirts of a Wal-Mart parking lot and I'm getting a rub and a tug in there.

Well, that's not all. I'm also picturing this parked in front of my house, with "Mobile Massage! Call 555-1212" plastered on the side of it.

seems somewhat clever and innovative, maybe....gotta hand it to him for trying to make it work....yeah, I was also thinking of the WalMart thing, windows covered, slight rocking motion visible from outside...if he is legit, I hope it works out.....

It is certainly innovative... will be interesting to see if any of his clients write a review... some of the concerns are legitimate... such as where he will park, how rigid are the springs, etc. But I do give him credit for trying something new and different... I can see where the smaller space would be much more "intimate", but whether that works for both parties or not remains to be seen.

In the 90's I had a conversion van with a back seat that folded out into a full size bed. I think this could be an enjoyable experience. (a) my van included track lighting and was relaxing when I was driving long distances and needed to pull over for a nap, and (b) I have friends the claim to have conceived their third child back there while I was driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and stated that the only bad part was being quiet enough that I thought they were sleeping.

I'll give anything a try once - sign me up.

Guest Starbuck

He seems so sweet and genuine in the video. But the tight quarters feel intimidating; I think I'd feel claustrophobic.

To give a proper massage, you need A) A massage table, NOT a bed. B) The masseur has to be upright and have room to move around, so that he can use his full body weight in directing pressure through his hands and forearms. Nether of these things are really possible in a van, but points for trying to be innovative and find a niche. I have recently spotted mobile dog grooming vans in our gay village, which strikes me as a good concept.

Archived