The 20 Club NYC: 6.23.13

Cooper
This topic is 4003 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last night was probably the slowest night at the 20C in a long, long time. By 10pm there were more dancers than customers. Not sure why this club is rapidly heading South but those in charge are making an honest attempt to do something about it. Long overdue but finally the 20C has launched it's first website: http://www.20clubnyc.com. It's an attempt to keep customers updated on club information such as events and lineups. Also, it will host pictures of their dancers.... In addition to the launching of their website, the 20C, starting July 14th, will host a headliner. On Sunday 7/14, "Frank the Tank" will be in the house. I'm not familiar with him but others attending were.

There were about 10 dancers working last night. I've listed most of their names:

Sebastian

Freddie

Zarco

Joey

Nikoli

Edgar

Tornado

Matrix

One of the reasons members start threads and post in the Strip Club Forum is to share info on different clubs. Perhaps some reading will become more informed and interested in attending. Here on daddy's we also post information on the dancers working at these clubs. Most of the time it's positive but, in some cases, it's a warning.... Dancers who work at the 20C have to pay the house $100 to work there. And, the way the dancers make their money is by offering customers lap dances or private shows. On a slow night reaching the goal of just breaking even becomes a challenge. Some rise to the occasion by offering more in satisfying the customer while others think of ripping them off. Sadly, last night I became a victim of a dancer rip off. After doing a few satisfying dances, I gave the dancer the money for the number of songs (yes, I counted). He claimed I miscounted and owed him for 2 more. So, in all fairness to the dancer, I turned to the dancer and customer seated next to me (who had started and ended their dance at the same time) and asked how many dances was that. Both confirmed what I had said.

Well, the dancer didn't like this and now starts arguing with me. He also takes the $$$'s I gave him and throws it at me... Since I was their to have an enjoyable night, I immediately brought this matter to the attention of the manager. Well, it turns out I wasn't the only customer he tried to scam. In fact, to insult another customer the dancer took the money and tore it up! As the night went on, another customer told me he won't do any more lap dances with this dancer because he pulled the same scam on him... Q to management, why do you permit a dancer like this to continue working at your club? Fortunately, this was a rare event as most dancers are honest with their customers and hope to have them return another night to do more dances with them.

So, into the Dancer's Hall of Shame, I induct 20C dancer Freddie for scamming customs and treating them in a most disrespectful and unprofessional way.

Hope this information helps,

Coop

Coop thanks for your informative reports.

I don't live in NYC so I am not a regular. In going to the clubs on my visits there, I found dancer ripoffs like this to be common. It is very difficult to distinguish between songs especially if you are enjoying yourself. Almost everytime I ever asked a dancer how many that was or how much I owed them they overstated it by 1-2 songs. Now I tell them up front I want to know when each song ends and I will decide if I want another.

What they don't realize is that after an experience like that, we simply won't go back with them again. So to get $20 extra they cost themselves hundreds and hundreds in the long run.

Coop, thanks for raising awareness of Club20. I usually go to Adonis but it's a little out of the way for me. I'm glad to know there is a closer option and will try to make it there soon. Thanks :)

Last night was probably the slowest night at the 20C in a long, long time. By 10pm there were more dancers than customers. Not sure why this club is rapidly heading South but those in charge are making an honest attempt to do something about it. Long overdue but finally the 20C has launched it's first website: http://www.20clubnyc.com. It's an attempt to keep customers updated on club information such as events and lineups. Also, it will host pictures of their dancers.... In addition to the launching of their website, the 20C, starting July 14th, will host a headliner. On Sunday 7/14, "Frank the Tank" will be in the house. I'm not familiar with him but others attending were.

There were about 10 dancers working last night. I've listed most of their names:

Sebastian

Freddie

Zarco

Joey

Nikoli

Edgar

Tornado

Matrix

One of the reasons members start threads and post in the Strip Club Forum is to share info on different clubs. Perhaps some reading will become more informed and interested in attending. Here on daddy's we also post information on the dancers working at these clubs. Most of the time it's positive but, in some cases, it's a warning.... Dancers who work at the 20C have to pay the house $100 to work there. And, the way the dancers make their money is by offering customers lap dances or private shows. On a slow night reaching the goal of just breaking even becomes a challenge. Some rise to the occasion by offering more in satisfying the customer while others think of ripping them off. Sadly, last night I became a victim of a dancer rip off. After doing a few satisfying dances, I gave the dancer the money for the number of songs (yes, I counted). He claimed I miscounted and owed him for 2 more. So, in all fairness to the dancer, I turned to the dancer and customer seated next to me (who had started and ended their dance at the same time) and asked how many dances was that. Both confirmed what I had said.

Well, the dancer didn't like this and now starts arguing with me. He also takes the $$$'s I gave him and throws it at me... Since I was their to have an enjoyable night, I immediately brought this matter to the attention of the manager. Well, it turns out I wasn't the only customer he tried to scam. In fact, to insult another customer the dancer took the money and tore it up! As the night went on, another customer told me he won't do any more lap dances with this dancer because he pulled the same scam on him... Q to management, why do you permit a dancer like this to continue working at your club? Fortunately, this was a rare event as most dancers are honest with their customers and hope to have them return another night to do more dances with them.

So, into the Dancer's Hall of Shame, I induct 20C dancer Freddie for scamming customs and treating them in a most disrespectful and unprofessional way.

Coop

This is truly a shame especially when Cooper has been very supportive of this club. It only takes one bad experience to ruin an evening. While I haven't been there in a while I did find telling a dancer I was going to do a certain number of dances and they should let me know when they have reached that amount we would stop. I have a hard time keeping track but know I am only willing to spend so much. It would be in the best interest to protect the customers as well as the dancers if they want to keep the business going.

Thanks for the heads up Coop. Freddy does indeed work Adonis regularly. I'm glad that management was notified at Club 20. That is always the best way to rectify these situations and I would encourage anyone who encounters ANY problems at Adonis to do the same. It's always best to handle things on the spot so they don't spiral out of control and no other patrons are victimized in a similar way.

Since Freddy does work Adonis regularly, I'll definitely be addressing this when he works again.

- Tim

Guest PhoenixFL

Thanks Cooper for the The 20 Club NYC Striper' Lineup Review

Thanks Cooper for the information about The 20 Club NYC dancers' lineup review as well as the potential for being cheated by that one striper.

It was just like the old times of reading your Gaiety Monday weekly reviews. I have been away from this forum for several years, and I was thinking about coming to NYC in July, but was not sure if The 20 Club was still operating on Sunday nights as a male strip club.

Are there any other male strip clubs in NYC now. I read about Buff Daddy's Long Island Sunday night thread?

I have been to Ft. Lauderdale the last two years and enjoyed Boardwalk Strip Club there, Johnny's not so much.

John Pela

Coop

Thanks Cooper for the information about The 20 Club...I was thinking about coming to NYC in July, but was not sure if The 20 Club was still operating on Sunday nights as a male strip club....Are there any other male strip clubs in NYC now. I read about Buff Daddy's Long Island Sunday night thread? John Pela

Hi John Pela and welcome back to daddy's... Unlike Montreal and Fort Lauderdale, NYC doesn't have a male strip club that's opened every night of the week.

Wednesdays and Saturdays: I'd suggest Adonis at Evolve Bar. Located @ 221 E. 58th St. between 3rd and 2nd. Near Townhouse.

Sundays in NYC: The 20 Club. No longer 25+ dancer lineups but there are some fine choices.

Some bars, like Splash, have late night dancers but no longer lap dances.

Sadly, the good times we had at the Gaiety and Stella's are no longer.

Enjoy your July trip.

Coop

I've encountered Freddy at the Adonis -- short, Brazilian, cute, twinkish, star tattoo. If he's the same guy, he ALWAYS adds a dance or two. Yes, he's hot and fun, but his inability to count is annoying. He works the scam pretty well, only adding a dance or two so you can be genuinely confused. I know if he behaved that way with the customers, Tim would have him out on his ass in a second.

His fellow Brazilian, ectomorphic Anderson, knows how to count. His schtick is charging $500 for a private dance.

Yeech. Do these kids think we're addlepated ATM machines?

Tim, word hadn't gotten to Freddy this past Wednesday. I told him to tell me when we had three dances. He counted three when we had done two. Although he's very good at how he does this, I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of it.

Thanks for the heads up Coop. Freddy does indeed work Adonis regularly. I'm glad that management was notified at Club 20. That is always the best way to rectify these situations and I would encourage anyone who encounters ANY problems at Adonis to do the same. It's always best to handle things on the spot so they don't spiral out of control and no other patrons are victimized in a similar way.

Since Freddy does work Adonis regularly, I'll definitely be addressing this when he works again.

- Tim

Tim, word hadn't gotten to Freddy this past Wednesday. I told him to tell me when we had three dances. He counted three when we had done two. Although he's very good at how he does this, I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of it.

I wish you could have taken the issue to me directly. That's the EASIEST way to deal w/ things, as they happen, but than you for letting me know. I'll handle this...again, and if it continues....

Generally I'd agree with you, Tim. But there are times when taking it to you is not the easiest or best way to deal with it. Sometimes you're not available and no one else has quite the authority you do. Also, in the case of Freddy, his overcharging, while consistent, is not egregious and it seems petty to complain, especially since he's absolutely insistent that he's right. Besides, if you complain, the other boys see it and that has the potential to sink your evening.

I wish you could have taken the issue to me directly. That's the EASIEST way to deal w/ things, as they happen, but than you for letting me know. I'll handle this...again, and if it continues....

Black eye for these strip clubs

JohnF and Madison... I'll find out tonight how the 20 Club handles this. If Freddy is working, then I'll know the club doesn't give a damn what the customer says. When I told Julio, the club's manager, what happened, he said "he'll talk to him again". From what others have reported, seems talking isn't the answer.

Just back from the NYC pride parade and Freddy was on top of a float gyrating... dude is sexy .. wish he wasn't such an player.

He had quoted me 30 bucks per song for a lap dance when every other dancer charges 20. I struck him off my list immediately. But he did introduce me to his friend - Anderson - another hot latino - and i had a nice time with the later.

Guest PhoenixFL

Thanks Cooper

Thanks Cooper for the information. I was not sure if Adonis at 58th Street was still operating - good to here. Yes those were some good times at Gaiety and Stella. I have had some fun times over the last two year's annual trips to Ft. Lauderdale Boardwalk. My trip may be to Montreal or NYC.

John Pela

Hi John Pela and welcome back to daddy's... Unlike Montreal and Fort Lauderdale, NYC doesn't have a male strip club that's opened every night of the week.

Wednesdays and Saturdays: I'd suggest Adonis at Evolve Bar. Located @ 221 E. 58th St. between 3rd and 2nd. Near Townhouse.

Sundays in NYC: The 20 Club. No longer 25+ dancer lineups but there are some fine choices.

Some bars, like Splash, have late night dancers but no longer lap dances.

Sadly, the good times we had at the Gaiety and Stella's are no longer.

Enjoy your July trip.

Coop

Pride at the 20 Club: 6.30.13

Pride was good to the 20C. Best turn out of dancers and young customers in a long time... Last night's atmosphere consisted of youthful energy and enthusiasm. It was as though there were 2 different dance shows taking place: one on stage and the other in front of the stage. Most enjoyable to watch, lots of cute eye candy, and plenty of customers feeling no pain.

As for the dancers: Over 15 in the lineup. Excellent choices from twink to muscle. Even 2 "international dancers" showed up from Montreal. Both have tight medium builds and are regulars at Campus. I was introduced to them under 2 different names, Owen/Oliver and Dominick/Demetri. Perhaps some of the Montreal goers recognize these names.

In addition, there was a new dancer named Mike. Tall, solid, ripped abs, and very friendly. His stage performance was uneventful but just looking at him could create that desired effect.

Others included:

Sammy

Nicoli

Tornado

Andreas

Rocco

Christopher from Miami

Demetri from Russia

Edgar

Moses

Zarko

Matrix

A most successful night for The 20 Club.

Hope this information helps.

Coop

Just back from the NYC pride parade and Freddy was on top of a float gyrating... dude is sexy .. wish he wasn't such an player.

He had quoted me 30 bucks per song for a lap dance when every other dancer charges 20. I struck him off my list immediately. But he did introduce me to his friend - Anderson - another hot latino - and i had a nice time with the later.

Diehard, Where was "Freddy" working when he told you it was $30 per song ? ?

Coop, thanks for raising awareness of Club20. I usually go to Adonis but it's a little out of the way for me. I'm glad to know there is a closer option and will try to make it there soon. Thanks :)

Coop thanks for your informative reports.

Coop, I was actually thinking of visiting Club 20 again this weekend - it has been a long time. Very much appreciate your update on this place, and the heads-up on one of the unsavory characters there. You always are such a gentleman!

Cany, Lerbut23, and BaronArtz, Glad to read that my reporting has created a renewed interest in the 20C. When you attend, please write a review. It's always a better balance to hear how others view the event.

BTW... Timmy... where the f* was the Adonis float in today's parade. I stuck out for 4 hours hoping to catch a glimpse of all your fine boys in broad daylight on 5th avenue. If you have a video, link please.

I'm all Pride-ed out this year! We did Pride LA a couple weeks ago and it just wasn't feasible to do NYC as well. All the LA stuff, travel, and COSTS made NYC Pride impossible this year, but we'll bounce back for next year ;)

Archived