Taboo in Montreal was really good

Jake
This topic is 3983 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and EZ are the Trolls. You both live on these websites. Look in the mirror if you wanna see what a troll looks like. Just because I tell the truth and report the facts after spending 8 days in Montreal that directly contradict your 'fantasy-land' report, doesn't make me out to be a troll. It's just the opposite.

Even other people on other websites agree that your 'first-class' report is very misleading, especially with your claim of "numerous high quality twinks" at Taboo. You still can't even name one skinny, white, blonde-haired, blue-eyed. barely-legal American or Canadian twink that isn't chunky.

*crickets*

... for a Thursday night anyway. This was night 1 of the trip so we'll see how things play out.

Started the night out at Campus. I don't think we'd ever been out and about on a Thursday night so we didn't set our expectations too high. Good thing. Campus was pretty quiet. There were about a dozen dancers, but only a few were working the room. The rest kept clothed and darted in and out to go smoke or do who knows what upstairs. There was one standout that was way my type... straight'ish, tall, lean, 21ish.. didn't catch a name, but I'll get back to you on that. Unfortunately he was one of those who ditched the club as soon as his routine was done. There were some veterans there too we'd seen on previous trips like Alexi the Russian twink. Overall not a bad time, just kind of a low key night - but again, it was a Thursday and the entire Village was pretty quiet. It was drizzling on and off so I think most stayed home and I'd imagine the American tourists will probably arrive today.

Next, we spent more time at Stock than I think we ever have. I always put this in my reviews as a disclaimer... we like 'em college age, lean to a little muscled... so Stock usually isn't for us. And it wasn't again last night... however, they did have the hockey game on. lol Only recognized one dancer Shawn Beliveau (http://tour.videoboys.com/videoboys.php?id=741) who used to work at JP, which is now closed. (Not a big surprise... last time we were there it was a ghost town.) He's sporting a little facial hair now which probably works for the Stock clients, but was a deal breaker for us.

Finally it was off to Taboo. After reading a post this week asking if it had closed, we were crossing our fingers... that's usually our spot. And no, it wasn't Hitler's dream of blond and blue clones, lol. However, there were about 6 totally do-able twinks, and yes, most white. They've gone back to the recipe that works for them... twinks. I remember one visit last year there were some old guys working and it was just like wtf are you doing here.. you should be a customer. :) There was one last night, but I can handle one - we all have different taste so he probably appeals to a Campus customer who got pulled by his friends to Taboo. Mostly new faces last night for us (our last visit was late summer)... but a couple vets there too from the Adonis days... Seven the super sweet guy and Sebastian, who is getting a little chunky and isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea - wild weird blond hair and sleezy rock club attire - probably most famous for being able to self suck.

No private dances last night for either of us, but we were both pretty wiped out from the flights and having to wake up at 4am. It was a survey the dancers kind of night. Drink prices seemed more steep than I remember, but there's no cover so I guess it balances it all out.

Night #2 is tonight, talk to ya tomorrow! If anyone's in town, send me a private message!

Hey Jake, thanks for the very thorough report....leaving for Montreal in a few weeks. Is the Hotel Gouverneur still acceptable. It has been several years since I've been, and it was OK then, but didn't seem quite up to snuff.....If not, where else would you recommend that is within walking distance to Stock or Campus. Small would be OK also, like a B&B.....You can PM me.

Hey Jake, thanks for the very thorough report....leaving for Montreal in a few weeks. Is the Hotel Gouverneur still acceptable. It has been several years since I've been, and it was OK then, but didn't seem quite up to snuff.....If not, where else would you recommend that is within walking distance to Stock or Campus. Small would be OK also, like a B&B.....You can PM me.

I really like the b&b du village. Its 30 seconds away from Stock.

Yes of course. His reports/posts on here are legendary. Totally inane and absurd. He once boasted that the best twinks he found were on-line and he snagged them by offering free beer and cigarettes. I'm sure they were really high-end talent. His previous trip to Montreal ended up with him being in a squad car and also him complaining about white residue around some dude's anus. Totally bizarre.

Anyway, I wish him well and hope he is able to find peace and normalcy in his life someday.

There are better options definitely. The WiFi was awful. The walls are thin. But you can't beat the location. Since the weather is warmer, I would consider the more touristy nicer hotels outside the Village. I've never done a B&B in Montreal though.

There are better options definitely. The WiFi was awful. The walls are thin. But you can't beat the location. Since the weather is warmer, I would consider the more touristy nicer hotels outside the Village. I've never done a B&B in Montreal though.

Thanks for the response...I know, the location is killer, and I just like to be able to walk back to my room if I wish, but it just seems kind of marginal lately.

I think that the Gouverneur is in desperate need of a thorough renovation, but I find myself returning time after time. The location is unbeatable -- close to the clubs, with a grocery store attached to very easily stock up on beverages and snacks, and easy access to the Metro. For a destination like Montreal, I much prefer a large anonymous hotel to a B&B, where I'd be self-conscious about coming and going at all hours with or without extra company. The rooms tend to be a little worn, but they're reasonably clean, and the service is good.

So, for me, although it leaves a lot to be desired, I can't bring myself to switch to anything else.

I think that the Gouverneur is in desperate need of a thorough renovation, but I find myself returning time after time. The location is unbeatable -- close to the clubs, with a grocery store attached to very easily stock up on beverages and snacks, and easy access to the Metro. For a destination like Montreal, I much prefer a large anonymous hotel to a B&B, where I'd be self-conscious about coming and going at all hours with or without extra company. The rooms tend to be a little worn, but they're reasonably clean, and the service is good.

So, for me, although it leaves a lot to be desired, I can't bring myself to switch to anything else.

Thanks Corndog, I feel exactly the same way. Last time I was there, the Gouverneur was borderline. It really did need work, but as you say, it is really convenient, and lack of privacy is a problem with a B&B. I tried staying 'uptown' once, but despite the fact that it wasn't really much further, I just found the extra distance inconvenient....Gotta think about this one.

Last year I stayed twice at this place called Studio Living http://studioliving.ca/en/ It's a small place run by an extremely nice gay guy. It is 4 studio apartments...well 3 actually because the owner lives in one. You get a kitchen that is well stocked for breakfast. One of the units has a washer and dryer that came in handy for me since it was a lot hotter than I was expecting last July and clothes got pretty soaked. Michel (the owner) is as helpful as you want him to be. Which is to say if you need ideas for places to go, restaurants, etc he is happy to make suggestions. Or he will keep out of your way if you don't need him. I didn't bring anyone "home" so I am not exactly sure how he feels about that. But he's French-Canadian so I assume he's pretty laid back about that sort of thing.

It's on Montcalm a few blocks from Ste. Catherine. About a 5 min. walk to Beaudry metro stop. So about the same to Stock and Campus. A bit farther walk to Taboo. It's a quiet residential street. It will be my go to place if I ever decide to return. I think I paid about $135/night.

Last year I stayed twice at this place called Studio Living http://studioliving.ca/en/ It's a small place run by an extremely nice gay guy. It is 4 studio apartments...well 3 actually because the owner lives in one. You get a kitchen that is well stocked for breakfast. One of the units has a washer and dryer that came in handy for me since it was a lot hotter than I was expecting last July and clothes got pretty soaked. Michel (the owner) is as helpful as you want him to be. Which is to say if you need ideas for places to go, restaurants, etc he is happy to make suggestions. Or he will keep out of your way if you don't need him. I didn't bring anyone "home" so I am not exactly sure how he feels about that. But he's French-Canadian so I assume he's pretty laid back about that sort of thing.

It's on Montcalm a few blocks from Ste. Catherine. About a 5 min. walk to Beaudry metro stop. So about the same to Stock and Campus. A bit farther walk to Taboo. It's a quiet residential street. It will be my go to place if I ever decide to return. I think I paid about $135/night.

Thanks Fedssocr, I looked that one up also, and it looks like the 'ticket'.....still trying figure out how I can squeeze in a quick trip before things get busy here for the summer.

When I was in Montreal last year and this year, I stayed at the Days Inn and Hotel Lord Berri. Both are acceptable if you are on a budget.

What was their rate? (And what time of year was it?)

I didn't bring anyone "home" so I am not exactly sure how he feels about that. But he's French-Canadian so I assume he's pretty laid back about that sort of thing.

I've never gone the B&B route. We usually do a traditional hotel. Especially since the curtains are gone, "private" dances seem kind of an oxymoron now. So hotel sessions are more my style... plus I am holding it together well enough to still get some good action on Grind'r. So I'd be especially curious to hear from those who've had a problem bringing guests back at a B&B. Because otherwise this definitely seems like a neat option.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived