Taboo in Montreal was really good

Jake
This topic is 3983 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

... for a Thursday night anyway. This was night 1 of the trip so we'll see how things play out.

Started the night out at Campus. I don't think we'd ever been out and about on a Thursday night so we didn't set our expectations too high. Good thing. Campus was pretty quiet. There were about a dozen dancers, but only a few were working the room. The rest kept clothed and darted in and out to go smoke or do who knows what upstairs. There was one standout that was way my type... straight'ish, tall, lean, 21ish.. didn't catch a name, but I'll get back to you on that. Unfortunately he was one of those who ditched the club as soon as his routine was done. There were some veterans there too we'd seen on previous trips like Alexi the Russian twink. Overall not a bad time, just kind of a low key night - but again, it was a Thursday and the entire Village was pretty quiet. It was drizzling on and off so I think most stayed home and I'd imagine the American tourists will probably arrive today.

Next, we spent more time at Stock than I think we ever have. I always put this in my reviews as a disclaimer... we like 'em college age, lean to a little muscled... so Stock usually isn't for us. And it wasn't again last night... however, they did have the hockey game on. lol Only recognized one dancer Shawn Beliveau (http://tour.videoboys.com/videoboys.php?id=741) who used to work at JP, which is now closed. (Not a big surprise... last time we were there it was a ghost town.) He's sporting a little facial hair now which probably works for the Stock clients, but was a deal breaker for us.

Finally it was off to Taboo. After reading a post this week asking if it had closed, we were crossing our fingers... that's usually our spot. And no, it wasn't Hitler's dream of blond and blue clones, lol. However, there were about 6 totally do-able twinks, and yes, most white. They've gone back to the recipe that works for them... twinks. I remember one visit last year there were some old guys working and it was just like wtf are you doing here.. you should be a customer. :) There was one last night, but I can handle one - we all have different taste so he probably appeals to a Campus customer who got pulled by his friends to Taboo. Mostly new faces last night for us (our last visit was late summer)... but a couple vets there too from the Adonis days... Seven the super sweet guy and Sebastian, who is getting a little chunky and isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea - wild weird blond hair and sleezy rock club attire - probably most famous for being able to self suck.

No private dances last night for either of us, but we were both pretty wiped out from the flights and having to wake up at 4am. It was a survey the dancers kind of night. Drink prices seemed more steep than I remember, but there's no cover so I guess it balances it all out.

Night #2 is tonight, talk to ya tomorrow! If anyone's in town, send me a private message!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good report. Thanks! I'm not surprised about JP's closing either. It was never very busy.

BTW, has Saint Catherine's in the village been blocked off yet only for pedestrians? They do this every year in the summer but I'm not sure when it starts.

Keep the reports coming.

Good report. Thanks! I'm not surprised about JP's closing either. It was never very busy.

BTW, has Saint Catherine's in the village been blocked off yet only for pedestrians? They do this every year in the summer but I'm not sure when it starts.

Keep the reports coming.

Yes it is closed to traffic. Same decor as last year - the pink balls are back.

Finally it was off to Taboo. After reading a post this week asking if it had closed, we were crossing our fingers... that's usually our spot. And no, it wasn't Hitler's dream of blond and blue clones, lol. However, there were about 6 totally do-able twinks, and yes, most white. They've gone back to the recipe that works for them... twinks. I remember one visit last year there were some old guys working and it was just like wtf are you doing here.. you should be a customer. :) There was one last night, but I can handle one - we all have different taste so he probably appeals to a Campus customer who got pulled by his friends to Taboo. Mostly new faces last night for us (our last visit was late summer)... but a couple vets there too from the Adonis days... Seven the super sweet guy and Sebastian, who is getting a little chunky and isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea - wild weird blond hair and sleezy rock club attire - probably most famous for being able to self suck.

What recipe? Hiring older fat guys like Sebastian?

6 white twinks? I doubt there was even one TRUE twink.

Perhaps your definition of what a real twink is may differ from mine.

Anyhow, I hope you have as much fun as I did! Good luck with your hunt :)

Keep the reports coming.

They only do that for you EZEtoGRU. You're a superior, all-knowing, highly intelligent, upper class kinda guy... remember?

They only do that for you EZEtoGRU. You're a superior, all-knowing, highly intelligent, upper class kinda guy... remember?

Superior? Not Really

All-Knowing? Nah

Highly Intelligent? Probably

Upper Class? No. I drive a 2007 Chrysler.

Able to spot a buffoon when I see one? Yup.

Finally left the hotel to go get a light breakfast at Starbucks. Dude... 46 degrees at 11am.

I'm in MTL right now. It's really cold. It's gonna be like that all weekend. :( I still love the atmosphere on Ste.-Catherine with the street closed to traffic though.

Finally left the hotel to go get a light breakfast at Starbucks. Dude... 46 degrees at 11am.

Yeah there was a big cool-down coming to Montreal when I left. Hopefully the boys will keep you warm...or men if you're going to Taboo :)

You should get the Jodi Arias special...the Strawberry frap!

I'm in MTL right now. It's really cold. It's gonna be like that all weekend. :( I still love the atmosphere on Ste.-Catherine with the street closed to traffic though.
For a longish while in April/May they had really beautiful weather, too...

Yeah totally agree. We just grabbed a window table at Starbucks and kicked back today. Just sent you a message!

Jake -- thanks for the update; looking forward to more.

Too funny. He writes one paragraph, and I write 2 very detailed pages and .... go figure!

Anyhow, looks like MY report was more accurate than previously thought: http://globalnews.ca/news/584138/montrealers-face-day-2-of-city-wide-boil-water-advisory

Oh, and you're welcome!! I guess I'll keep my Facebook pics and videos to myself. God bless!

Aw someone's bitter? :) lol

Somehow we'll manage board readers.

Anyway, night #2 was awesome. Much busier at both clubs as I figured it would be. Started off again at Campus, which was jumpin'. There were only a few twinks though... the one I was all about yesterday... found out his name: Mike. Tall, lanky, just a little muscle, backwards hat freshman jock type. Still haven't had a chance to get his attention, but was great just to watch his show from the front row. Also tonight Zoa, a twink from Taboo a few visits back, was there. He's also on the video web sites as "Don Sparks" (http://www.squirtz.com/videos/1255). He's lost some weight and it definitely worked for us. He looked a bit out of place since Campus was so heavily muscled up compared to most early shifts we'd watched on previous visits.

If you like muscled guys in their 20s and 30s, you'd be a happy camper at Campus. It was slammed tonight. Lots of customers, plenty of dancers. Good energy to the place... but we were twink huntin' again, so after a brief (2-3 mins) stop at Stock, we were headed to Taboo.

Plenty of cute guys again. Some of the standouts included "Simon" a straight tall tat'd up jock boy, probably about 21. Lean, toned, good onstage. Found out the name of the super hot boy from Taboo last night is named Mike as well. 18, shaggy dark hair, skater boy look. It was his 8th day... but already has a pretty good stage routine. Great smile, probably 5'9 125ish.

Its almost 3am so I'm gonna crash, but yeah, great trip so far even though the weather is way cold for this time of year. Definitely regretting not bringing a jacket.

Oh... also did a quick stop at Apsara at about 9pm. There was one masseur in the lobby... recognized him from their site as "Sebatian" (I'd imagine that's a typo on their site lol) Pretty cute. But might head back later in the trip... we were more in a club mood.

Sorry guys not much sleep on this trip, haven't had a chance to update. Saturday night was definitely quieter around the Village... I ended up bouncing from Campus and Taboo to Unity and regular bars. All were pretty low key since the weather here this weekend has been so awful. Just non stop cold and drizzle. Of course it's turning sunny and warmer as everyone's leaving tomorrow. Ah well! Still a fun trip.

One dancer to mention from last night... "Liam," a twinky blond Irish boy. Wow super smile and "what are you doing here" type looks. Just so clean and preppy looking. Amazing smile and dimples. Clean cut... very friendly. Has a build like Ryan Phillippe had in the movie 54.

Another tip for those coming to Montreal this summer... be sure you've got Grind'r and the other apps loaded up and ready to go on your phone. Since we're staying in the Village it's kept me pretty occupied. The curtains are gone everywhere in Montreal so the clubs are now my foreplay and I have the real fun at hotel room. :) Just had a cute guest over doing things that I normally had to drop some Ben Franklins for when I was here in the past. This may be the first Montreal trip where I only hit the ATM once. lol

Ahh sorry I forget about Stock. Apologies. You are probably right. I spend very little time there so it's never on my radar.

But yes, they are gone from Campus. As long as you get the very back booth you have some privacy, but otherwise... the term private dance is a bit of false advertising. :)

Some photos of the cold dreary drizzly Village this Memorial Day Weekend...

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/jakefl/20130524_115756_zps34ab59df.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/jakefl/20130524_123832_zps4e476d33.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/jakefl/20130524_123847_zps27c22b8a.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/jakefl/20130524_123933_zps19651e72.jpg

...One dancer to mention from last night... "Liam," a twinky blond Irish boy. Wow super smile and "what are you doing here" type looks. Just so clean and preppy looking. Amazing smile and dimples. Clean cut... very friendly. Has a build like Ryan Phillippe had in the movie 54.
Campus or Taboo?

PS Thanks for the pictures. From what I could make out, there aren't any new restaurants since last summer.

Archived