Major tornado strikes OKC

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 4024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Devastating....praying for all the children and so many still missing and trapped. It is one of the worst that many have seen. I tried to imagine what it would be like to lose everything in your life in a few minutes, and then realizing that you have to start over and try to rebuild everything that you know. Unimaginable.

I am approaching million-miler status on one of the airlines, so I do a lot of travel. It's the first time I've been evacuated from an airport. Was fairly surreal experience after coming off such a high with Okliehomo, Dirk, and Andrew. We all made it out, though. Dirk got home yesterday evening. Amazing how close it was to us. The heart breaks for the kind, generous people of Oklahoma.

Thanks for the concern

Ace

Thanks to everyone for their heartwarming thoughts and support for our state and the people of Moore. I reside in suburban OKC, only five miles from the epicenter of the tornado devastation. My home, loved ones and friends are fortunately all alive and safe. My brother, however, is a small business owner who lives in southwest Moore and his family all survived Mondays storm but his home and place of business were both destroyed. Most heart-breaking of all is the loss of those 24 irreplacable lives, but we all know the death toll could have been so much higher. In person, the scene is horrific, but the resilience and community spirit I've witnessed from my neighbors the past two days is inspiring. Makes me proud to be an Okie. Thanks again, everyone, for your concern.

Archived