Fort Lauderdale Weekend - Boardwalk & Johnnys both on the upswing!

Jake
This topic is 3972 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After the last visit to Fort Lauderdale, I was pretty worried. I think the subject line summed it up: "A 300+ Pound Man Entered Johnny's Amateur Strip Contest Tonight" (http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?91953-A-300-Pound-Man-Entered-Johnny-s-Amateur-Strip-Contest-Tonight) That trip was an absolute disaster. My buddy who traveled 1,000 miles went home after 3 nights without having done one single private dance.

What a difference this trip. It's always a crapshoot with these places. If you go on just the right weekend, you can see some guys who looked like they just stepped out of an Abercrombie catalog. Then on other trips, it's like they just stepped out of the FBI's most wanted list. Fortunately it was an A&F kind of trip this time around.

First things first - I always throw this out there. I like 'em college age. If you like 'em beefy and ripped, my reviews aren't for you.

We always start at Boardwalk, so I'll start there. The standout this trip was an absurdly polite muscle twink named Jesus. I'll spare you the 480 puns we came up with over the course of the weekend. Dark hair and eyes, beautiful body, great personality, about 5'8 170ish I'd guess. I like unique hairstyles too... his was kind of a throwback to the preppy look from the 80s/90s. Not long in the back but wavy in the front. It was fun to push back. Pretty sure he's straight, but I think he said (as all do) that he's bi. Because the backroom at Boardwalk is so lame (btw c'mon already can we get that addressed?), we just tipped him in the main room. My buddy says he kind of looked like a young Tom Cruise. Pretty close.

Being a twink lover, I was also into a tiny little redhead named Chris. Short. Skinny. Cute. Dude was maybe 110 pounds lol. I just called him "Dead Conan" because I'd imagine he looks like O'Brien will look like 5 years after he dies. His personality was a little "meh" - kind of a cliche queeny twink, but not rude or anything. There was also a sweet kid from Equador "Gilbert." Again, wavy emo like hair in the front. Nice kid. There was also a straight'ish all American type named Matthew. Very cute, nice, nice ink - he had wings on his back, but he was far from a fairy... not too much ink either, so tat haters - you'd not be turned off. Only thing that probably would have turned you off as it did me... body odor. Yeesh. Saw a few of the regulars there too... Cory the long haired guy, Jimmy the guy who probably graduated high school with Socrates, same usual bartenders (all good guys).

Boardwalk's grade for the trip: B. Boardwalk will never get an A until their backroom situation changes. Until then, to me it'll always be a mere gogo boy bar. No different than any dance club in the US. If you can do the same things out in the main bar area that you can do in the back, why bother? Duh.

Now on to Johnny's... a big upswing from last visit.

The star of the show there... an 18 year old All American blond haired blue eyed boy with a Ryan Phillippe in 54 type physique named Sawyer. Probably the worst, most boring private dance I've ever done at Johnny's. Yet I took him back twice. Good personality, but just stunning "what are you doing here?" type looks. He was from Idaho or Iowa. On stage dances were really hot - usually boys that hot don't move as well because they don't have to. His stage presence was stellar.

A couple others caught my eye, including a pint sized MMA fighter lol. You never know who you'll meet at Johnnys. We hung out near the pool table area for a bit and he took a few shots at the punching bag. That poor f'n bag. Thought he was going to break the damn machine. There was another All American jock boy type similar to Sawyer named Jase. We just called him "runner up" because the poor guy is an 8 or 9, but he's eclipsed by Sawyer. There was a cute twink rapper named "Magnum" who reminded me a lot of Tyga... tat'd up and not an ounce of queen. I *never* go for the chocolate, but he really just has it. A guy I remember from a previous trip "Skylar" was there with his puppy dog boyfriend following behind him at all times. Skylar is a shaggy dark haired skater boi type. The boyfriend looks like a Walmart version of Justin Bieber. They only do private dances together. How sweet huh? (*hurl*)

The amateur show was a bit lame again unfortunately, but still worth sticking around for. I got a kick out of contestant #3... I guess when you retire, you're eligible to be an "amateur" again? It was the lanky tat'd up Cuban twink named "Yankee" we'd seen at Johnny's and Boardwalk for the past 2 years.

Johnny's grade for the weekend: probably a B+ or A-. A much needed improvement after the D- experience in March.

It was a really fun weekend. Got to have meals at all my favorite places... llomo saltado at Bravo Gourmet, chicken parmesan sub with salad and garlic knots at Isabellas, and discovered 2 new awesome places thanks to Yelp: Mom's Kitchen - a great breakfast and one of the best Italian sandwiches I've ever had was at Lopsada's near the beach.

Thanks very much for your report, Jake. It is always nice to get good news about Boardwalk and Johnny's and the latest updates on dancers. And you are quite right about each night being different - sometimes great and sometimes not so, and no way of predicting.

We were there last weekend too. Had a blast! Sean, Yannick, Andy and Andreas were their usual wonderful hosts. Special shout out to a new dancer (to me) Kenny! Very sweet ... a smile that lights up the room and tons of fun!

We were there last weekend too. Had a blast! Sean, Yannick, Andy and Andreas were their usual wonderful hosts. Special shout out to a new dancer (to me) Kenny! Very sweet ... a smile that lights up the room and tons of fun!

Andreas is the best....

Yep and the music volume is at a typical dance club level. So you'll still hate it. :)

It's funny - last time the smoke really bugged me. I think if there's enough hot guys on the menu, I don't notice it.

Yep and the music volume is at a typical dance club level. So you'll still hate it. :)

It's funny - last time the smoke really bugged me. I think if there's enough hot guys on the menu, I don't notice it.

There are times that I've been at Johnny's when the level of smoke was so bad, my eyes were actually tearing. How can you not notice when your own clothes, hair, and pores reek from the foul stench of cigarette smoke. There were many a night I couldn't wait to get out of there to get home fast so I could take a shower and rid myself of the nauseating tobacco odor. I don't care how many hot guys there are, it just isn't worth it. And I can honestly say that the maximum number of "hot" guys I have ever seen at Johnny's in any given night is two. And frankly, I think I'm being generous with that number.

Bozo

Well I think it's well documented we have different taste. Boardwalk and SR are where you need to stick to. Johnny's will never change. 1) The guys will always be skinny twinks with a few exceptions (like the 2 who somehow slipped through the cracks in the hiring line that you liked :) 2) The music will always be too loud for you. 3) The smoke will always make your clothes stench.

The first 2 are perfect for me. The 3rd... eh, it's not a selling point but Tide does the trick.

• 1 month later...

I am back for a couple days. Hit up board walk for about an hour last night. they have put in the private booths that kind of resembles voting booths. But they still have the kid who is a room monitor. Johnny's was kind of quiet except when the Heat won the championship. A small handful of cute new guys both clubs. I'm on my cell phone using voice recognition so pardon the short review and grammar disasters. I'll post much more after tonight since it'll probably be better anyway.

Well another forum member and I went to Johnny's last night..;)...and actually had a blast. I fell for Alex and stayed with this blond muscle boy all night...literally. The VIP room was amazing and it enticed me to run off with him to "The Manor" which is after hours, up in Wilton Manors. It is like a miniature "Mecca" in Miami. Dance and drinks until 4 am, then finally pulled myself away at day light. I stayed away from "The Boardwalk" and "Johnny's" for awhile, so this return seems sweet. Alex and I have a date this weekend, I think, ;) so we just will have to wait and see.

HEY, BVB... glad to see you haven't lost your touch... and a date this weekend? WOW... you move fast, but then again, why should I be surprised... send me a PM with all the details. I never made it "out" at all on my last FTL business trip... :( so guess this means I need to make a return visit just for some fun !

DD

Well another forum member and I went to Johnny's last night..;)...and actually had a blast. I fell for Alex and stayed with this blond muscle boy all night...literally. The VIP room was amazing and it enticed me to run off with him to "The Manor" which is after hours, up in Wilton Manors. It is like a miniature "Mecca" in Miami. Dance and drinks until 4 am, then finally pulled myself away at day light. I stayed away from "The Boardwalk" and "Johnny's" for awhile, so this return seems sweet. Alex and I have a date this weekend, I think, ;) so we just will have to wait and see.

The forum member reportedly enjoyed hanging with you too!

I was pretty pleased with both spots. I'm still surprised Boardwalk finally got some booths in the back... seems like such a no-brainer. I only took a quick peek at them my first night and compared them to voters booths. Last night I got a longer look to inspect them and definitely was wrong. The curtains are thick adn they almost touch the floor. A much needed improvement. I would have given the private dance area a test drive, but I was pretty spent. Had a pretty good degree of success in finding some young fun guys to play with on Grind'r at my hotel. :)

Johnny's was pretty quiet both nights, but still fun. I was suprised to see the standout from my last visit still dancing. His name's Sawyer... tall, athletic, just turned 19, blue eyes, blond hair (cut way too short now, almost shaved head). He was horrible in the back, but I still took him back twice last trip only because he was that hot. Probably my favorite guy of the trip was a cute little guy who wasn't dancing - he was the hookah seller in the 2nd room near the food. Super cute smile. Very friendly. There was also a hottie named Alex, great attitude, about 5'10, 150 brown hair and eyes, very cute, probably 20ish.

As for new management rumors at Johnnys, I spotted the same cast of characters, so maybe not? The bald guy (forget his name) was roaming around Saturday night.

HEY, BVB... glad to see you haven't lost your touch... and a date this weekend? WOW... you move fast, but then again, why should I be surprised... send me a PM with all the details. I never made it "out" at all on my last FTL business trip... :( so guess this means I need to make a return visit just for some fun !

DD

Absolutely, details of the weekend date will be forthcoming via PM. As for my scandalous night on the town with "Friends of Daddy's"...it was nothing short of amazing. I am always surprised when I meet such incredible people from the forum. I now count him as one of my friends.

Dancing at 'The Manor' I think I did surprise myself that I would do something like that, but then ended up meeting some incredible locals. "Life is an adventure, my friend, it is not a dress rehearsal for a life to come. ;)

Please don't hesitate to give me a call when you are in town next....Cheers

Absolutely, details of the weekend date will be forthcoming via PM. As for my scandalous night on the town with "Friends of Daddy's"...it was nothing short of amazing. I am always surprised when I meet such incredible people from the forum. I now count him as one of my friends.

Dancing at 'The Manor' I think I did surprise myself that I would do something like that, but then ended up meeting some incredible locals. "Life is an adventure, my friend, it is not a dress rehearsal for a life to come. ;)

Please don't hesitate to give me a call when you are in town next....Cheers

Hi bigvalboy, Tied to reply to your pvt message, but I couldn't. Thanks for the info on Dudes! Be sure to meet the young Bartender I have spoken about, your have him as a guest on your boat! Really nice guy!

Hi bigvalboy, tried to reply to your pvt message, but I couldn't. Thanks for the info on Dudes! Be sure to meet the young Bartender I have spoken about, your have him as a guest on your boat! Really nice guy!

Hey Atlantagaguy, my pvt message system is now clear. Sorry about that.... Anyway, I will be heading over to Dudes this weekend. I have discovered that John will be working on Fri and Sat nites. Thanks for the heads-up, since I have been trying to find an excuse to go there on the weekends. In the past the place was just dismal, but it looks like I will be having a little fun now...;)

• 2 weeks later...
How was the weekend BVB???

Ha!! If he wasn't 23 I would have moved him in. He does want to hang out for the 4th, but I have to go back to 'Cali' for a party. Sooooo I will see him when I get back. I know that you are good...;) I have a pic of your Hooka boy to send you...

Safe travels my friend.

Ha!! If he wasn't 23 I would have moved him in. He does want to hang out for the 4th, but I have to go back to 'Cali' for a party. Sooooo I will see him when I get back. I know that you are good...;) I have a pic of your Hooka boy to send you...

Safe travels my friend.

Yayyy, love Hooka boy. Sweet kid and playful and fun. Puppy love material.

Can't wait for our next weekend of debauchery!

Archived