Glee renewed for TWO more seasons

operalover21
This topic is 4059 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Disappointing but not surprising. Even with ratings peaking at season 2 and steadily declining, it still is the highest rated show on their network (for scripted shows). It's all about the money and it still is generating enough for them.

Disappointing but not surprising. Even with ratings peaking at season 2 and steadily declining, it still is the highest rated show on their network (for scripted shows). It's all about the money and it still is generating enough for them.

I thought The Following is now Fox's highest rated scripted show. Of course, oddly, I never even thought of GLEE as a scripted show. It seems like a reality show most of the time.

I think it is surprising. While I think it was thought it would be renewed for next season, a two season renewal is highly unusual.

I was never interested in "Glee." I hate the concept of "show choir" in real life enough - why the hell would I want to see a TV series about it, lol? (Though I assume most of the show is not actually about "show choir," just as "Smash" has very little to do with the real process of putting on a Broadway show.) For those of you that still like it, enjoy...;-)

I think that there is a fundamental problem with shows that are set in high schools. If it is teacher focused, then it will work well. Unfortunately, there are very, very few shows that are teacher focused. Instead they are student focused and they can only last for a couple of years before there is a natural turnover in characters. The audience NEVER likes the new characters as much as they like the original characters. Not only that, but the reality of high school is that you are constantly dealing with the same issues, but with different kids. However, on TV shows, there is a demand for new and better plot lines.

I think that the only thing that could save Glee is to actually split it into 2 shows. One set in Lima and the other set in NYC. It's way too disjointed this season with too many plot lines.

Archived