Importance of having a will

cany10011
This topic is 4070 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I only lived in the South for 9 years I can say that "redneck" is absolutely significantly different than spic, the "n" word or faggot and in fact isn't even in the same universe with those three. I was a Yankee (born in NYC) to Southern friends while there, never was offended by them using the word Yankee, and friends there just said it was more acceptable for a Southerner to refer to another Southerner as a redneck than a Yankee to do it. By the way, what's the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee? The damn Yankee won't go home :)

I've lived in the North for most of my life and the word "spic", "N....." and "faggot" were never acceptable to anyone I knew and I never them heard in the workplace. Someone using the word redneck is in no way in the same low class as someone using the words "spic", "N....." and "faggot". Now maybe refined people avoid using the word redneck but let's not get confused. I lived in Louisiana and Mississippi during the nine years I worked in that territory. Some of the behavior and words (specifically racist) employees used there in the workplace that I fired them for I'd never heard in the previous 40 years in the nearly 20 other states I'd spent time visiting for work or living in. The issue that geography faces is an earned reputation not that someone uses the word redneck.

And what's the name of the comedian that does "you might be a redneck if..." jokes (in his shows, on tv and on XM/Sirius radio)? I think its the same guy who says "get er done", or something like that. Can't ever recall you might be a "s", "n" or "f" if.... joke.

While I only lived in the South for 9 years I can say that "redneck" is absolutely significantly different than spic, the "n" word or faggot and in fact isn't even in the same universe with those three. I was a Yankee (born in NYC) to Southern friends while there, never was offended by them using the word Yankee, and friends there just said it was more acceptable for a Southerner to refer to another Southerner as a redneck than a Yankee to do it. By the way, what's the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee? The damn Yankee won't go home :)

I've lived in the North for most of my life and the word "spic", "N....." and "faggot" were never acceptable to anyone I knew and I never them heard in the workplace. Someone using the word redneck is in no way in the same low class as someone using the words "spic", "N....." and "faggot". Now maybe refined people avoid using the word redneck but let's not get confused. I lived in Louisiana and Mississippi during the nine years I worked in that territory. Some of the behavior and words employees used there in the workplace that I fired them for I'd never heard in the previous 40 years in the nearly 20 other states I'd spent time visiting for work or living in. The biggest problem for that part of the US is its own reputation, not that someone uses the word redneck.

lol lol...Well somewhere bout a mile back, this thread took a right turn, however since we are talking about proper etiquette, I will say that Foxworthy makes a rather handsome living making fun of (supposedly) his own ancestry. His first successful album, "You might be a Redneck if" was funny stuff, and there are the two shows that I know of, "Are you smarter than a Redneck" and "Are you faster than a redneck"...which incidentally being a bit of a 'motor head' I found fun entertainment in the late afternoon. Never once did I consider the show to be any form of bigotry.

There's a reason they call it TAXACHUSETTS. Miserable place.

That may be true now in Massachusetts, but it was not the case several decades ago. I know from personal experience because I grew up in the state, and my uncle set up a trust in my name. He was a type of person who would not rest until he got the best lawyer who could legally do want he wanted. To be fair, when my mom tried to follows the same path years later, the laws in Massachusetts had changed. By the way, why is Massachusetts a miserable place? A really silly & dumb comments, in my opinion.

Archived