BCS National Championship Game

ArVaGuy
This topic is 4161 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This makes Texas A&M look even more impressive. I wish I had been able to see Alabama play Oregon instead.

Absolutely!

Oregon would have been a much more interesting match up to watch. I mean, good Lord, ND almost lost to Pittsburg at home for G-d's sake, the same Pittsburg that just got stomped by Ole Miss, a 3rd tier SEC team. Football is a fluky game and Notre Dame just fluked its way to an undefeated season. How it got a #1 ranking out of that is beyond me.

ps. SEC rules, LOL!!!

pps. Sam, I wouldn't miss Mike and Mike tomorrow for the world, :D but I doubt Greenie will really feel free to razz him properly. Doesn't Golic have two sons playing on the team?

Golic is being very real about it this morning. Greeny was supportive all season with ND. I mean Golic's two sons are on the team. Greeny had picked ND. What a rout! That said it was the worst nightmare game for me, being a Marquette grad and I do go to Wisconsin games. I dislike ND all my life. Ugh, Alabama is no 5 on my most disliked list, after ND, Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota. I agree with Oregon should have been there but two straight years they fucked up. How could they lose to Stanford who is okay, but they had to hang on to beat Wisconsin. So next year Oregon will probably be #1, depending upon how many players from Alabama go pro. I would think Texas A & M may be top 5 too. ND looses a lot players, it was a senior dominated defense. ND will have a heisman contender with their QB.

That said Nick Saben has to be on the top 4 list of greatest COLLEGE coaches now, 4 titles, two schools. Still a failure in the pros and wimped away from Miami.

I would not have minded seeing AL play A&M again. They played a magnificient game against OU and although they had already beaten AL once this year, last year LSU and AL played for the championship regardless of prior play. A&M vs AL should have been more interesting.

However, in general, I am against repeat games in the same year/season.

How is ND's offense like my Ferrari? I don't have a Ferrari.

Best regards,

KMEM

Most impressive is Nick Saban. He's 154-55-1 as a college coach along with his 4 BCS Championships in 8 years and two different schools. Saban coached college teams win 73% of the time.

Saban could be a legend if he continues what he's done at LSU and Alabama.

Plus he earns $5.3 Million plus a $110K bonus for making the BCS Championship and $200K bonus for winning the game. Not many pro coaches earn that kind of money.

Archived