NYC Gay Pride Week 2012

Cooper
This topic is 4375 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

NYC during the summer is exciting enough but this week marks the start to Pride Week. A time to reflect and celebrate. On Sunday, June 24th, at noon, the Pride Parade will march down 5th Ave., starting at 36th St and ending at Christopher & Greenwich Streets.

The 2012 Grand Marshals will be:

Cindi Lauper

Chris Salgardo

Phyllis Siegel & Connie Kopelov

Here's the link to all of the week's activities:

http://www.nycpride.org/events

Happy Pride Week!

Coop

Cooper, is that a shorter parade route than in the past? I can remember watching the parade at 45th St., and then there was the controversy about the parade as it passed St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Lucky, Yes, I also recall when the parade route was much longer. Not sure why it's been shortened. I know that NYC laws have reduced the number of hours a parade can be held.

Lucky, Yes, I also recall when the parade route was much longer. Not sure why it's been shortened. I know that NYC laws have reduced the number of hours a parade can be held.

Zoning changes and budget cuts. Longer routes require more security, a drain on the police force and city budget.

I failed as a gay. I had to look these people up.

EB, You're not alone in wondering who these people are. We've all heard of Cyndi Lauper but the others? Like you, I looked them up, not only for who they are but also why were they selected as Grand Marshals for the NYC Pride Parade... Found a very interesting and informative article that had all the info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/cyndi-lauper-nyc-lgbt-pride-marshal_n_1343587.html

Grand Marshals:

Cyndi Lauper

Chris Salgardo

Phyllis Siegel & Connie Kopelov

It's the middle of the night here. I couldn't sleep and I kept trying to figure out why. Then, I realized that is is Gay Pride Day today in New York City and I had not wished Cooper and the gang there a Happy Gay Pride Day.

Have at it men. I might wake up when it is done!

Thanks Lucky, nice of you to think of us in the middle of the night. Hope you were able to return to a good night's sleep... It's a beautiful day for a parade. I'll pass your well wishes on to the "gang". Sorry you won't be here to join in the festivities... Happy Pride! Coop

Archived