Desperate Housewives' Kathryn Joosten Dies

josephga
This topic is 4520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Emmy winner Kathryn Joosten, whose emotional death scene as Karen McKluskey gave Desperate Housewives‘ recent series finale its biggest emotional punch, died yesterday of lung cancer in Westlake Village, CA. She was 72.

Joosten won her Emmys in 2005 and 2008 in the Oustanding Guest Actress in a Comedy for her portrayal of Wisteria Lane’s crankiest (but still loveable) resident.

The Mrs McCluskey character was a hoot on DH... However, I was not aware that her fictional malady was mirrored in real life. I do recall that there was a mention of some sort of lung cancer foundation in the final credits of the series finale... I had assumed it was simply an awareness type mention. However, it all more than fits now... and especially since she was apparently active in the cause as well... nice touch and an appropriate tribute.

72 is hardly "young."

That's a relative thing. My mother died at the same age.

72 can definitely be too soon. Going from family history, mom should have lived well into her 90s but there was that pesky cancer thing.

Guest Wetnwildbear

She was a delighful Character actress for many years. Glad she finally got the recognition she deserved. Saddened by the death of a perky, plucky, player - RIP

Archived