Weird private messages

guyinsf
This topic is 7778 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I received an email this morning from a member here. I guess he sent it to me because he wasn't sure that I checked my private messages here. I actually hadn't checked for any private messages for a long time.

I had one from April 2002 from a member asking why I put him on my "buddy list." I've never put anyone on a buddy list here and there is no one on my buddy list now.

Two private messages were very strange. Perhaps these went to everyone here, or at least everyone who posts with any regularity. I won't bore everyone with the details but one was an attack on HooBoy and the other on Deej -- neither of whom I know personally. Did anyone else receive these weird messages?

On the bright side I found out that one person rated me and found me "astute." :-)

With the new software, we've lost the little icon that tells us when we get a private message, but you can go into the "User Menu" and then "Preferences" and choose to be emailed whenever someone sends you a private message...which basically turns the private message system into an email utility, but at least it works.

Archived