Harry's Law Canceled...I object

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4541 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am trying to understand how NBC could cancel it's highest rated drama simply because not enough young people watch. When I look at the crap they are keeping for next season, I can easily understand why they are in the cellar.

As to Harry's Law, this past Sunday's episode centering on a gay man who wasn't allowed to donate much needed blood in order to save his dying brother's life simply because he was gay was a moving piece of TV drama. The courtroom scene in which the young gay man confronts the judge about the fairness of America's enforcement of anti gay laws was an amazing piece of acting. I think that scene and the passion of his argument was so elemental, it could change minds and hearts. I urge folks who are unfamilar with this show to to watch this episode on the internet.

So sad to see this show canceled.

Sustained!

(Hmmm ... is that the appropriate comeback?) I wholeheartedly agree. I LOVE this show, and I know many others who feel the same way. Time for another online uprising to get them to change their minds? It's worked in the past.

Sniff, I liked the show. It was a little further left than I expected but still was very good. The gay brother wanting to donate blood to his brother was incredibly good drama. Tear-jerking drama.

I always felt better after watching Harry's Law.

But at the same time, I cannot understand how the show could appeal to a younger demographic. Even the young folks on the show were mature beyond their years.

i will miss this show. It had an interesting point of view when it started and then fell into the more mundane procedural drama. I think if they had kept some the the Shoe Store Lawyer's Office in the Ghetto stuff and combined it with the stories they are telling now, that a younger audience might have been attracted to it. Having it on early in the evening was almost a guarantee of failure. It really should have been on at 10 PM

I have enjoyed "Harry's Law" and will miss Kathy Bates. If NBC says the cancellation is because the show does not appeal to a younger demographic, they are being less than honest. In truth how many young people---whatever that means---are watching any kind of network television?? That demographic has been lost and no shuffle of evening line-ups will get it back. I suspect there are other reasons---the writing, while often excellent, seems to be less sharp than it was the first season; the inter-play within Harry's firm often falls a little flat and formulamaic; and maybe, just maybe, Kathy Bates has had enough of this character. As an actress she may find the weekly grind of a television show not as challenging as other things she has done.

Having said all that, I'll still send some e-mails to NBC pleading with them to re-think their decision.

Archived