And...The NEW Marilyn Monroe Is.........

jjkrkwood
This topic is 4451 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those of yiou that have been clamoring for more pop culture, useless, boring, unrelatable Fluff on this site, HERE it is......

If you have been following the new NBC show SMASH, you know the coveted role of Marilyn Monrie was up for grabs, and the entire season of DRAMA and backstabbing (kinda like this site) brought us to the Conclusion...... with the role going to Karen (Katherine McPhee), beating out front runner Ivy (Megan Hilty)

How ya like dem Apples ?????.

I think Ivy would have been a better choice but I think that is because I think that may be because I think Megan is more of a theater person that Katherine. But it still was a good finale. And the final song was still a strong finale for the show. And they set things up for next year: Does Ivy take the pills? Is Julia pregnant? What happens to Ellis?

But I've spent today going back over and over to me what is the best song from the show: Second Hand White Baby Grand. I think this song has a chance to stand the test of time. I can hardly wait for a chance to sing it. Hopefully a karaoke version will be out soon.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/second-hand-white-baby-grand/17wv3h3or

I think Ivy would have been a better choice but I think that is because I think that may be because I think Megan is more of a theater person that Katherine. But it still was a good finale. And the final song was still a strong finale for the show. And they set things up for next year: Does Ivy take the pills? Is Julia pregnant? What happens to Ellis?

But I've spent today going back over and over to me what is the best song from the show: Second Hand White Baby Grand. I think this song has a chance to stand the test of time. I can hardly wait for a chance to sing it. Hopefully a karaoke version will be out soon.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/second-hand-white-baby-grand/17wv3h3or

What an unbelievable song!!!

Can hardly wait ro hear you sing it Lee. Just tell me where and when and give me time to get the blond wig and white pleated dress.

Boston Bill

I like Never Give All The Heart but just don't think it fits me, but I may have to rethink that. But Second Hand White Baby Grand will. I already have Let Me Be Your Star in my repertoire.

As to Bill's suggestions as to the blond wig and and white pleated dress, now there's a thought. I was thinking of doing something in drag at the office karaoke fundraiser as a way to come out at the office (that'd be a hell of a way to come out at work, don't you think?) but I won't be doing it this year since I'll probably be recouping from knee replacement then. But there is always next year. Sort of like the Cubs.

I like Never Give All The Heart but just don't think it fits me, but I may have to rethink that. But Second Hand White Baby Grand will. I already have Let Me Be Your Star in my repertoire.

As to Bill's suggestions as to the blond wig and and white pleated dress, now there's a thought. I was thinking of doing something in drag at the office karaoke fundraiser as a way to come out at the office (that'd be a hell of a way to come out at work, don't you think?) but I won't be doing it this year since I'll probably be recouping from knee replacement then. But there is always next year. Sort of like the Cubs.

Word of advise. Practice in those heels. Thats the toughest part. For many, many years I hosted Gay Bingo at the LGBT center in NYC, and was asked to do it IN DRAG. It was a slow start, but then....... I was FIERCE ! I sang, I danced, Teetering in those 6" stilletos was second nature. Wayyyyy easier than anal sex. :D If you are a size 12 womens, i'll send you a pair.

Archived