Firefox No Longer A Winner

Lucky
This topic is 4425 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I agree with Kevin about Chrome being a good choice. You might also look at Opera.

Mozilla doesn't seem concerned with making the latest Firefox compatible with previous versions. I've had a lot of things stop working in the last few releases.

Firefox has changed a lot in recent releases, including some of its default security. This could explain why Flash has stopped working in Firefox. Chrome uses its own internal version of Flash and not the one that you install. I have not used IE in a long time, I have heard that 8 & 9 are much better than the older versions but version 6 and all its incompatibilities left a bad taste in my mouth. I switched to Chrome over a year ago as Firefox just kept getting slower and slower. After getting use to it, I don't miss FF at all any more.

I'm still using Firefox but have NOT upgraded in several months. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Have also resisted the urge to go with Chrome. IT people at work have threatened to fire us if we load Chrome on a company computer. Apparently it's not compatible with some of our server software.

I can translate what they really mean to say:

"I don't want to have to support that."

I've had a couple "real" jobs and one was in technology support, we would always say things like that to make our lives simpler. Fact is if Safari has ever been run on an Apple product on the network, Chrome should be fine.

I would say if it works for you, stick with it.

Archived