Seattle recommendations

nate_sf
This topic is 4580 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi All,

I'm going to be going up to Seattle first weekend of June, more of a vacation trip than a work trip. It's been a few years since I've been up there. Any recommendations of places to stay, and favorite restaurants? Last time I was up there I stayed at a really nice B&B on Capitol Hill, but it's gone out of business now.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hey Nate...there is some info on Seattle hotels under "Traveling Members" someone asked about the same thing and got several responses..check it out! Hope you are well, BVB

Ah ha, thanks! I should look in that forum more often. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm in Seattle frequently for work. I stay at the Silver Cloud on Broadway. Jimmy's is a very good place to eat within the hotel. They also offer a free shuttle.

Have also stayed at the W (for pleasure not business) and enjoyed that. Great location.

Homewood Suites also is conveniently located downtown and is right on a transit line.

Still trying to find gay night spots and things to do. Would be interested in your take on places to go in the evenings and on weekends.

My favorite hotel is Edgewater Hotel. It's on the Alaska Way on the lake next to all the ferries. It's where the Beatles stayed in the 1960's where a photographer captured a shot of them fishing from their balcony. You must get a room facing the lake with a balcony and fireplace. A short distance from Pike Place Market. Very romantic. Great restaurant, too.

Archived