GO GIRL

Chuck50
This topic is 7827 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think since we have been talking about AIDS on a thread here and how it is reported we should give equal time to someone IMHO who has done so much and raised tons of Money for AIDS research. OUR OWN LIZ TAYLOR who recieve the Kennedy Center Honors recently and was broadcast tonite. I thought it was great that the Washington Gay Chorus was there to serenade her. THANKS LIZ and HUGS Chuck

I agree, Chuck.

Liz Taylor was one of (if not THE) first major celebrity on the AIDS awareness/fundraising bandwagon. The death of her good friend Rock Hudson moved her to action in a BIG way at a time when it was hugely unpopular to do so.

Her support has never wavered.

For all her eccentricities, I give the lady props. She's done good.

Guest NakedTony

>...I thought it was great that the Washington Gay Chorus was there to serenade her.

I know this is probably an inappropriate post but I was very moved by their performance. Their CDs can be ordered at:

http://www.gmcw.org

I was very proud of their performance and the way they represented the gay community.

Once again Chuck you are so on target! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!! Elizabeth Taylor, who IMHO is the most beautiful actress ever in Hollywood history! I have had the extreme pleasure of meeting her twice in my life, once when campaigning with her ex-husband Sen. John Warner here in VA and afterwards at an AIDS fund raiser by the Whitman-Walker Clinic in DC. I am so totally thrilled that she was honored by the Kennedy Center as it made me proud to be a native of the Washington DC area. A truly all over classy person! A true friend to gay men everywhere from Montgomery Clift to Rock Hudson to Michael Jackson to her untiring, selfless work for AmFar! Thank you for this thread. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

>I know this is probably an inappropriate post but I was very

>moved by their performance.

Hmmm .....

not a privacy violation, not offensive at all...

I don't see anyting at all objectionable.

>I was very proud of their performance and the way they

>represented the gay community.

Wish I'd seen it. Damn!

Guest fukamarine

>A true friend to gay men

>everywhere from Montgomery Clift to Rock Hudson to Michael

>Jackson

Michael Jackson is gay???????

fukamarine

Archived