Golden Girl turns 90 and still going strong...

Cooper
This topic is 4533 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Happy Birthday Betty White, what an amazing career you've had...

Enjoyed last night's TV special celebrating her career and life. Good seeing the cast of the Mary Tyler More Show participating in the festivities.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1007164.1326751328!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

From Wikipedia:

Betty White

Born Betty Marion White

January 17, 1922 (age 90)

Oak Park, Illinois, U.S.

Residence Carmel-by-the-Sea, California,

Los Angeles, California

Other names Gerrie, Betty White Ludden[1]

Education Horace Mann School

Alma mater Beverly Hills High School

Occupation Actress, comedienne, writer

Years active 1939–present

Home town Beverly Hills, California

Betty Marion White Ludden (born January 17, 1922) is an American actress, comedienne, author, and television personality. With a career spanning over seven decades, she is best known to modern audiences for her television roles as Sue Ann Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls. She currently stars as Elka Ostrovsky in the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland.

White has won seven Emmy Awards (six for acting) and has received 20 Emmy nominations[2] over the course of her career, including being the first woman ever to receive an Emmy for game show hosting (for the short-lived Just Men!) and is the only person to have an Emmy in all female performing comedic categories. In May 2010, White became the oldest person to guest-host Saturday Night Live, for which she also received a Primetime Emmy Award. White also holds the record for longest span between Emmy nominations for performances – her first was in 1951 and her most recent was in 2011, a span of 60 years – and has become the oldest nominee as of 2012, aged 90. She has made regular appearances on the game shows Password and Match Game and played recurring roles on Mama's Family, Boston Legal, The Bold and the Beautiful, and Community.

Obviously Betty and the clips WERE the highlight of the show. Some of the guest

accolades seemed "forced" and out of place....

And as much as I LOVE Betty, she seemed like a programmed carnival puppet, blowing kisses and clapping on cue.

And YES it was certainly nice to see that I am NOT the only person that has aged Badly.... Betty is a revelation, but some of the other "icons" looked like Hot messes...

It was inspiring......

Thank you for posting this Cooper. I was raised a Betty White fan. My father had a crush on her for as long as I could remember. Her marriage to Allen Ludden was supposedly quite the love story. She has been an icon in the American entertainment industry for so long. It has been a truly remarkable career. She is one of a kind.

Happy Birthday, Betty. May there be many, many more to come.

Happy 90th Betty!

Thanks Cooper,

What an amazing and spunky woman. She sets a tremendous example to still be working and so vibrant at 90 years of age. I can't help but wonder, although the thought of a 90 year old woman having sex kinda creeps me out, do you think that she's still sexually active?

BTW, I don't mean to offend any nonagenarian posters that we might have on this board.

Thanks Cooper,

What an amazing and spunky woman. She sets a tremendous example to still be working and so vibrant at 90 years of age. I can't help but wonder, although the thought of a 90 year old woman having sex kinda creeps me out, do you think that she's still sexually active?

Doubt it; women that age (and even younger) are rarely interested in sex. But why wouldn't this apply to a man the same age?

Everything I have read and heard about Betty White in the sex department is this: She has said many times, the love of her life was Allan Ludden - there could never be anyone else for her. We have all met one-man- women. My mom is one of them, her husband, my father, died when he was 42 and she is now only a few years younger than Betty and she too, has eyes for no one else. I think all the sex lines are just that. I watched the show, and I love Betty, but I also felt it was all a bit staged, a bit forced. But I love her anyway, and she is proof that you can go against the trend of youth-obsession in today's world. To quote another poster, that's my two cents!!!

I suspect the reality is that there are people on all sides and in the middle on this.

One of the things I learned hanging out with my mom and her friends in her retirement community was that the old ladies fight like dogs over any eligible bachelor in the community. When a new gentleman moves into the community they first ask if he's available, and then they ask if he's straight. (They're more than happy to meet gay men -- they're good dance partners for the social mixers!)

Women outlive men (in general). So a man in their age range is welcome no matter what shape or form. Some of the old broads still have a libido, and the gossips go on FOREVER over who's seeing who.

It takes all kinds and, God love 'em, let 'em have what fun they can!

I was thinking maybe I should send Betty some info on my karaoke friend, Charlie. A 90 year old WW2 vet who still gets up every week and joins in the singing. And much like Betty, the younger kids just love him.

Do we all have to wait til we're in our 80's and 90's to have the young guys love us again? lol

I was thinking maybe I should send Betty some info on my karaoke friend, Charlie. A 90 year old WW2 vet who still gets up every week and joins in the singing. And much like Betty, the younger kids just love him.

Do we all have to wait til we're in our 80's and 90's to have the young guys love us again? lol

Question # 2------ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!

Boston Bill

Archived