Taboo Montreal Re-opened

tazmanian5230
This topic is 4476 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wednesday November 2, 2011 Taboo re-opened.

No renovations, same design and interior.

Tonight there were about 30 customers there at about 11 PM. Maybe 8 dancers.

Twink lovers will be be happy, I didnt see anyone who weighed more than 150 pounds.

The clubs owner is the owner of the building. Co owner/Manager is former dancer Ricky of Campus who is giving it his best shot, very friendly staff and dancers.

The plan is to be Montreal's <<TWINK CLUB>>.

No cover charge, $4.00 sodas, $6.00 Drinks and I think 2 for 1 beers. (Not sure about the price)

Lap dances are back to $10.00. The club will be open Wednesday to Sunday 8 pm to 3 am.

Taz -- thanks for verifying the announced opening and for the details. As I wrote elsewhere, if they can hire the right dancers and turn around the unfriendly vibes of the past several years, they should be able to succeed (and perhaps be successful enough to afford renovating the space).

I was regaling a friend last night with tales of my Montreal trip and showed him the Taboo ad in Fugues. I glanced at my watch and realized it was 9 pm Montreal time. I seriously thought of calling someone there to see if they really had re-opened.

Newatthis,

All of the former attitudes were gone.

The manager Ricky and all of the staff were friendly talking to everyone who entered.

Ricky knows the business from being a dancer for many years and saw what killed the former taboo. He has a plan.

Your correct, if they can find the talent it could turn around however good dancers dont grow on tress. Time will tell.

Newatthis,

... if they can find the talent it could turn around however good dancers dont grow on tress. Time will tell.

My thought is that they will pretty much have the twink dancer market to themselves, since none of the other clubs has the old Taboo-style twinks. I'm just nattering on about this because I missed the opening by a week.

• 3 months later...

Archived