Dan Savage gets political

OrdinaryJoe
This topic is 4685 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...

It's getting more interesting:

from his column: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=9539475

If you do end up having to redefine the word "rick," which you threatened to do in your recent Funny or Die video, I have a suggestion: rick (v): to remove santorum orally. ("He was so grateful for the lay that he ricked his partner.")

Happy To Help

P.S. Thanks for your efforts on behalf of equality for all.

You're welcome, HTH, and in case anyone missed my Funny or Die video—in which I threatened to redefine Rick Santorum's first name if he didn't lay off the gay bashing—you can watch it here: http://www.tinyurl.com/ricksick.

Santorum hasn't laid off the gay bashing, as it's all he's got, so it looks like I'm going to have to go ahead and redefine his first name, too. (My apologies to Rick Dees, Rick Fox, Ricki Lake, and all the other innocent Ricks out there.) The definition I proposed in my video was a little too long and involved, so I vote for adopting yours, HTH. Now "Rick Santorum" isn't just a vile and disgusting politician—he's a vile and disgusting sentence.

That said, I don't think someone would rick his or her partner out of gratitude; ricking someone—sucking the frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex out of someone's ass—is something a person would do only under duress or under orders from a cruel BDSM top.

Personally, I think the definition should be broadened a little to include ANY oral contact with santorum, semen, or female ejaculate. That way it will get more use.

It's getting more interesting:

from his column: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=9539475

If you do end up having to redefine the word "rick," which you threatened to do in your recent Funny or Die video, I have a suggestion: rick (v): to remove santorum orally. ("He was so grateful for the lay that he ricked his partner.")

Happy To Help

P.S. Thanks for your efforts on behalf of equality for all.

You're welcome, HTH, and in case anyone missed my Funny or Die video—in which I threatened to redefine Rick Santorum's first name if he didn't lay off the gay bashing—you can watch it here: http://www.tinyurl.com/ricksick.

Santorum hasn't laid off the gay bashing, as it's all he's got, so it looks like I'm going to have to go ahead and redefine his first name, too. (My apologies to Rick Dees, Rick Fox, Ricki Lake, and all the other innocent Ricks out there.) The definition I proposed in my video was a little too long and involved, so I vote for adopting yours, HTH. Now "Rick Santorum" isn't just a vile and disgusting politician—he's a vile and disgusting sentence.

That said, I don't think someone would rick his or her partner out of gratitude; ricking someone—sucking the frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex out of someone's ass—is something a person would do only under duress or under orders from a cruel BDSM top.

Personally, I think the definition should be broadened a little to include ANY oral contact with santorum, semen, or female ejaculate. That way it will get more use.

I don't like Rick Santorum's views, and I'm betting that if I met him, I wouldn't like Rick Santorum the person. But I'm not sure that we should be applauding what Dan Savage has done with his name. What would we be thinking if Rick Santorum had struck first and started an Internet campaign to turn Dan Savage's name into something disgusting? Not to mention the man has children- I wonder if they have had to endure anything untoward because of Dan Savage. If so then, Dan has inflicted pain on innocents. Doesn't anyone remember--" What is hateful to you- do not do thy neighbor" anymore?

Rex

I don't like Rick Santorum's views, and I'm betting that if I met him, I wouldn't like Rick Santorum the person. But I'm not sure that we should be applauding what Dan Savage has done with his name. What would we be thinking if Rick Santorum had struck first and started an Internet campaign to turn Dan Savage's name into something disgusting? Not to mention the man has children- I wonder if they have had to endure anything untoward because of Dan Savage. If so then, Dan has inflicted pain on innocents. Doesn't anyone remember--" What is hateful to you- do not do thy neighbor" anymore?

Savage would probably enjoy the spectacle. He's an attention ***** at heart. And remember that the googleslam wasn't unprovoked.

All children have to live with the legacy of their father's actions. That includes the Nixons, the Weiners, the Santorums, the Smiths, and the Joneses. If he wants to leave a better legacy for his children to grow up with, it's within his power. Santorum himself has chosen to double-down on the status quo.

Savage would probably enjoy the spectacle. He's an attention ***** at heart. And remember that the googleslam wasn't unprovoked.

All children have to live with the legacy of their father's actions. That includes the Nixons, the Weiners, the Santorums, the Smiths, and the Joneses. If he wants to leave a better legacy for his children to grow up with, it's within his power. Santorum himself has chosen to double-down on the status quo.

I can't agree--totally agree Deej. Responsible adults try to take care not to harm children with the fall-out. Savage failed with this one. Jon Stewart on the other hand--I think--succeeded

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-17-2011/doma-sweet-doma---beer---anchor-nursing

Rex

Archived