appolon secret

rollingrock
This topic is 4685 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Their rates are outrageous--at least twice to three times the "going rate" for "similar" services. Also, I doubt that if the gentlemen who are supposed to provide the services actually exist. This company, Apollon, has been thoroughly discused here before (see other threads) and the general opinion has not been a positive one--in fact I have not seen any comments or reviews from anyone who has both "signed up" and paid for their services nor who have actually retained the services of anyone listed on their site (through their site). In looking at their site, one can find a number of providers who are listed on the other, more generally accepted and used, provider sites. I still can't figure out how this company makes any money, unless it is almost exclusively from those who pay to register on their site and/or if they actually get a "cut' of the providers' service fees. Interesting.

The landing page markets Russian guys; however, the first guy, Colin is listed as a Ukrainian. I have several friends from countries of former Soviet Union that would never allow themselves to be identified as a "Russian guy." Based on this, alone, I would be questioning the service. Then add in the Apollon concern mentioned by Electra and I would stay away.

The landing page markets Russian guys; however, the first guy, Colin is listed as a Ukrainian. I have several friends from countries of former Soviet Union that would never allow themselves to be identified as a "Russian guy." Based on this, alone, I would be questioning the service. Then add in the Apollon concern mentioned by Electra and I would stay away.

I had this very same thought. I know several people from Ukraine and they would be very upset to be called a Russian.

I would avoid this like the plague. I have no direct experience with these Russians, or Ukranians, but as Glutes said, looks like the Murray Hill Gang has moved. Not to be xenophobic, but these ex-Soviets (is that acceptable?) are generally bad news. Their rates are, as mentioned here, very high. One of my usual masseurs occasionally encounters these twinks (and I LIKE twinks!), but tells me they don't know anything about massage and often substitute other people's photos in their ads. They've been in New York for a few years now, and I've never seen them reviewed for real. By "for real," I mean that the few reviews I've seen are so perfunctory as to be totally worthless, or are written in the same broken English as the ads -- which I find very funny!

There are so many good masseurs in New York, giving all kinds of services, from real massages to erotic experiences. They charge reasonable rates, and are honest, pleasant people. Why not just state what you like and what you want, and ask people in this chat room for recommendations? Feel free to PM me.

It seemed dicey to me which is why I asked about it. Those kinds of guys are definitely my type but I don't wanna get scammed so I appreciate your warnings. Thank you! While we're at it, I saw this ad here... http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/e826.shtml It's new and he looks amazing, but again it seems like so many are frauds. Anyone know anything?

His neighborhood, if it's the one shown on the map in his ad, is Penn Station. Definitely safe at any hour. I, too, would "gamble" $150. If you want to know about extended appointments, just do what every correspondent in this chat room advises on everything: ASK!!

Ludvig, I don't think that your Philip on appolon21 is part of the same group. There's been an appolon21 scam on various websites for a while. You write back and soon enough they ask you to sign on to their website and pay something before you can contact the person in the ad that first got your attention (and I'm assuming you can't contact him even after you've paid your money). This Russian thing, appolonsecret, seems to be what glutes calls "the Murray Hill gang", a bunch of recently immigrated Russian kids who offer unskilled massages and little else from apartments in the east 30s. (I'm sure the kids work for a manager who sets them up in this business.) It's funny that the Russians would pick a name that resembed the name of some scammers, but maybe they don't know that appolon21 is a scam.

Glutes, you're always watching these things carefully. What do you think about the competing appolons?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived