Casey Anthony acquitted of murder.

josephga
This topic is 4715 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The tv show 20/20 did a mock jury awhile back they found her not guilty as well. I really wasn't surprised. I think she did it but there's no evidence that can place her directly at the scene of death. Only solid evidence they have is that she's lied too the investigators. sadly she covered her tracks very well

Right.

Remember: innocent until proven guilty. If the jury found reasonable doubt, they made the right decision.

I've seen enough press reports of events I personally observed to know the press hasn't given us enough here to second-guess the jury who did observe all the testimony.

Right.

Remember: innocent until proven guilty. If the jury found reasonable doubt, they made the right decision.

I've seen enough press reports of events I personally observed to know the press hasn't given us enough here to second-guess the jury who did observe all the testimony.

I do Agree! If that is the Best the Prosecution could do..she walks! So Sad cause Some "MF" did do it?

The tv show 20/20 did a mock jury awhile back they found her not guilty as well. I really wasn't surprised. I think she did it but there's no evidence that can place her directly at the scene of death. Only solid evidence they have is that she's lied too the investigators. sadly she covered her tracks very well

Yes, but the main reason there was no evidence is because she lied to investigators long enough for the body to decompose. If she had told the truth, even after the first 31 days, the verdict might have been a lot different. We'll see what penalty the judge imposes for her charges of lying to investigators.

Biggest thing they failed to prove cause of death.

I wonder which media outlet will pay her the most to find out the COD. Of course, who is going to believe her? Do you think she has any idea what her life is going to be like back in society? Maybe she'll call her bf Tony to go out drinking and clubbing.

I live very close to the courthouse where this trial was taking place. The media helicopters drove me insane on the day the trial began as well as today.

I watched the trial from beginning to end and I completely agree with the verdict handed down today! On a daily basis I would watch the trial, then watch the news; there was absolutely no reconciling what happened each day in court and the media's spin on the day's events. I've always watched the news as a form of entertainment and not for actual facts.

As for Nancy Grace, she is pure tabloid entertainment writhing in judgment and morally authoritative marinade. I thought I would die laughing when she mentioned, a few nights ago, that George Anthony tried to commit suicide so he could be with Cayle (and wait for it.....) and Jesus. Hilarious! I watched her show tonight just to see how completely appalled she would be and she didn't disappoint. She flared her nostrils in disgust as she reported the defense having champagne in, God forbid, the afternoon. What's up with her helmut hair?

Run, Casey, run! One of those very unsavory looking court house groupies is sure to be getting directions from God telling them to shoot Satan's helper dead. Do it for Jesus! Do it for Cayle!

The verdict today renewed my faith in humanity!

Cayle's dead.....

And most likely, by her own mother's hand... not the first time, someone has gotten away with murder in America. OJ, anyone? Reasonable doubt, ain't always reasonable.

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit....."... or... "Despite that stink in the rear..... she's in the clear..."..

I had a student come up to me today and say, "Well, I guess this just proves it's okay to kill your kid if your own parents are crazy." What a life affirming message, that is....

If this is justice in America..... I prefer Andrew.

Okie

I live very close to the courthouse where this trial was taking place. The media helicopters drove me insane on the day the trial began as well as today.

I watched the trial from beginning to end and I completely agree with the verdict handed down today! On a daily basis I would watch the trial, then watch the news; there was absolutely no reconciling what happened each day in court and the media's spin on the day's events. I've always watched the news as a form of entertainment and not for actual facts.

As for Nancy Grace, she is pure tabloid entertainment writhing in judgment and morally authoritative marinade. I thought I would die laughing when she mentioned, a few nights ago, that George Anthony tried to commit suicide so he could be with Cayle (and wait for it.....) and Jesus. Hilarious! I watched her show tonight just to see how completely appalled she would be and she didn't disappoint. She flared her nostrils in disgust as she reported the defense having champagne in, God forbid, the afternoon. What's up with her helmut hair?

Run, Casey, run! One of those very unsavory looking court house groupies is sure to be getting directions from God telling them to shoot Satan's helper dead. Do it for Jesus! Do it for Cayle!

The verdict today renewed my faith in humanity!

Ok. I too watched a good deal of the trial. Ultimately I feel like both sides had major problems - the defense put forth too many theories in their opening statement that they had to rethink; the state, compelling as I thought they were, simply couldn't prove that Casey actually murdered her child and dumped the body. The defense gave the Anthonys a no-win situation, having to pit mom, dad, and brother against Casey - all they DID wind up showing us was that this is one fucked-up family, and to be honest, I don't believe any of them.

Ultimately, I do believe that Casey is responsible, in some way, for her daughter's death. And I also bet, if any of the jurors ever decide to come forward, they might admit the same. But the jury did what they felt they were being asked to do - not to speculate about Casey, but to decide whether the state had made their case. And at the end of the day, I don't think EITHER side made their case, and I assume that's what the jury may have felt too. So, perhaps we have a repeat here of "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

If Casey is, indeed, responsible for Caylee's death, she will have to live with that fact, and no matter how she lives her life from this point on, somewhere that will gnaw at her soul.

As for Nancy Grace - well, she lives for hyperbole, lol. My favorite "WTF" moment with her in the last few weeks was the night she spent much of her show outraged that one of the scientific "experts" had said that coyotes had buried Caylee's bones. If you actually heard the testimony in court, you'd hear that the coyote remark was an afterthought (and a general one, not specifically related to Caylee's remains), and that the witness was saying no such thing. But Grace ran with her own twisted version of the statement, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran...she must have said the word "coyote" about 100 times in the course of her hour show. The other one that stands out in my mind was the night that Grace decided to go off on Casey's partying, and in referring to her having taken Special K, Grace would only refer to it as "cat tranquilizer." (As if referring to the drug by its legal veterinarian use made it seem even more horrifying - would acknowledging that it's actually a very common street drug make it seem too ordinary for Grace? lol)

Tonight I heard Grace try to justify that her (unbelievably annoying) use of the term "Tot Mom" in place of Ms. Anthony's name was not meant in a pejorative way. Yeah, right. And she talks over her guests (and usually very rudely) more than any other host I know of, even those on Fox News, lol.

However, I will stand by her in her outrage over the defense's champagne party this afternoon. Yes, the defense had a victory, and after all this time they did have the right to let out their emotions and celebrate. But it would have been a hell of a lot more tasteful to do it privately, out of the view of cameras and the public. After all, Jose Baez had, rightfully, just said in a press conference that there were really no winners here, that nothing was bringing Caylee back. Somehow I think their PDA (Public Display of Acquittal) was not in good judgement.

Anyway, the trial is over, the jury has spoken. It was an incredibly messed up trial in so many ways, and ultimately I think that the jury was probably so confused by the helplessness on both sides that they had to throw up their hands and say that no one proved anything. I do feel sad inside, because I do have this feeling that Casey is, and knows she is, responsible. But if somehow this is a way of giving her a second chance, I hope she's able to turn herself around. I don't think that will be very easy. (And though I've heard plenty of speculations about whether she'll get a book deal, or a movie, etc - somehow I doubt it. Then again...)

The real tragedy here, ultimately, is that in most probability, we will NEVER know what happened to that little girl. And that's what we're left with.

Ultimately, I do believe that Casey is responsible, in some way, for her daughter's death. And I also bet, if any of the jurors ever decide to come forward, they might admit the same.

I served on a grisly murder trial a few years ago in NYC and we also all "felt" the defendant was guilty (and his character witnesses were such bad liars) but you can't send a person to prison for life based on "feelings." So, we also acquitted (after 48 hours of deliberation). Like Michael said, I have great faith in our system and in humanity.

I've always watched the news as a form of entertainment and not for actual facts.

As for Nancy Grace, she is pure tabloid entertainment writhing in judgment and morally authoritative marinade. I thought I would die laughing when she mentioned, a few nights ago, that George Anthony tried to commit suicide so he could be with Cayle (and wait for it.....) and Jesus. Hilarious!

Did you miss the day George's suicide letter was read in court? Three exerpts:

"As you get this letter, this should be no surprise that I have decided to leave the earth, because I need to be with Caylee Marie."

"I will take care of Caylee – once I get to God "hopefully""

"Caylee Here I come"

Archived